Going May 6-13 Allegro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lnjohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
First time staying at Allegro, does anyone know if Aldorra or Diving Underwater pickup at their pier? Favorite spots this part of the Island? Pretty happy with the $1266 all in rate for 2, lax to czm was $184 one way. Will be traveling around before heading back to US.

I'd say probably, due to its location.

Enjoy that yummy Allegro food lol

First time staying at Allegro, does anyone know if Aldorra or Diving Underwater pickup at their pier? Favorite spots this part of the Island? Pretty happy with the $1266 all in rate for 2, lax to czm was $184 one way. Will be traveling around before heading back to US.
Most operators should be able to pick you up from their pier or from shore, but you might just check with them to be sure.

If by "...Favorite spots" you are referring to topside, there are certainly other hotels and beach clubs in the area. I believe there was Iguanas and maybe a small market on the other side of the road, everything else by transport. Most of the core dive sites are a short boat ride away.

Maybe consider bringing your own smoke detector too:

Hope they got whatever was causing mass sickness under control. Suggest brining anti diarrhea meds since it was reported they were overcharging for them at resort.

Just contact Aldora and let them know. They should be able to pick up up at the resort dock. They have in the past.

Maybe consider bringing your own smoke detector too
I take my own Smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarms for any overnight stay, anywhere. Lightweight, cheap, easy to carry and test on arrival, and better than trusting my life to some unknown person. Many hotels don't have either in their rooms, and if they do, they don't test them.
Hope they got whatever was causing mass sickness under control.
Buffets are always questionable as who knows how long the food has set there, or how long it took to truck it in from elsewhere. I always feel that I have a right to walk into any kitchen for my own inspection.

If by "...Favorite spots" you are referring to topside, there are certainly other hotels and beach clubs in the area. I believe there was Iguanas and maybe a small market on the other side of the road, everything else by transport. Most of the core dive sites are a short boat ride away.
Yes, there are not many attractions right in that area, except perhaps Punta Sur park, which is not far.

The El Cedral ruins are near there, but I'd advise skipping it -- the ruins are one building about the size of a garage, surrounded by tourist trap souvenir shops with prices higher than the same items cost in town. The San Gervasio ruins in the middle of the island are a nice Mayan town of ruins which, though smaller than Coba or Chichen Itza, are still interesting to see (bring mosquito repellant, sunscreen, and water).

Thank you all, will be picking up the CO detector or bringing the one from home in my dive bag. Has anyone done the lionfish culling, that sounds fun too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom