My journey into tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is fun to see.

Not to speak for Ray, but you back in the water talking about progress. It's very nice. A bit of it seemed like you were against frog in the past, and now doing it, so that to.

Not to speak for Ray, but you back in the water talking about progress. It's very nice. A bit of it seemed like you were against frog in the past, and now doing it, so that to.

Against frog? Haha, no. Just had a hard time getting it down.

As we progress we find that the things we were told often feel right for us too at some point. I was concerned about your posts saying you might have to hang up your fins and now you are becoming a frog kicking fool. Yay!

I'm not saying you will fall in love with blue water some day but if it happens I will give you a friendly wink. In the meantime I love watching you thrive in that cold clear green great lakes fresh water. I enjoy my lake down here but I'd love to dive in Lake Michigan sometime. It really is beautiful.

@RayfromTX

“In the meantime I love watching you thrive in that cold clear green great lakes fresh water. I enjoy my lake down here but I'd love to dive in Lake Michigan sometime. It really is beautiful.”

:flowers:

Really happy to hear you are back to your old self regarding diving.

Sometimes it takes a while for something to click mentally/physically but when it does it just feels right and you wonder why it was so difficult.

I just had a good chuckle. Some training operation in Florida just sent me a message urging me to try their “stay and train” packages.

They obviously missed the part where I can’t stand warm water. :D

Plus AN/Helitrox isn’t offered and I’m not even planning on the class for another two years (at least).

People make me laugh. :rofl3:

I wanted to address a few questions I keep getting.

I’m not taking the deco class yet because a few things have to happen first:

1. I want to have a good number of open water SM dives under my belt. Going into a deco class with little or no experience in my tech configuration is a sure way for it to be a hot mess. SM class is only next weekend. I also will take tech SM class or have one-on-one dives with SM instructor on skills needed for tech (deco/stage bottle hsndling, lift bag shooting, etc.) once I’ve got a good basic SM foundation down.

2. I have to replace my drysuit, which will only happen until I lose 30-40 more pounds. I’m working my arse off and we’ll see where I am next spring.

Can understand your thinking on both points.

Getting SM sorted to the point you are comfortable will minimise any issues further on when you start adding additional task loading.

With the cost of a drysuit being so high, it is definitely worth waiting until your weight is stable to get the right sized one.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom