Going to Boracay in October and staying in Station 2. Need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ushipb00

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey Divers,

I will be staying at the Mandarin Resort in Boracay at Station 2 next month. I was wondering if you could recommend a Dive shop and dive sites for this time of year. Also I will be going to the Mandala Spa for a massage (what your opinion of the place?). Does any one know how long it take to get there and how to get there?

Thanks,

ushipb00

Just came back from Boracay last night after a 5 day break there, and if I close my eyes I can still see the white sand and blue water. Of the 5 days, we only saw one rainy day and enjoyed the 'off season' trip.

We always use Calypso Calypso Diving Resort, Boracay Island: About Us and no complaints whatsoever, it's mainly Philippino DM's, air and nitrox are clean, they are reliable and will typically organise a dive boat at 9:00, 11:00, 14:00 and a night dive if anyone's up for it. Good thing is even if there is only you and a buddy, the boats/dives will still go ahead, and from checking elsewhere with other dive shops, their costs are very reasonable.

We dived - Yapak, the Wreck, Crocodile Island, Santos Place, Channel and other sites to get in 9 varied dives over 3 days.

Dives I enjoyed most this time was actually the Wreck - which although I've dived on and it's for sure not a massive wreck - this time it was a pretty excellent dive - due to fact we'd earlier had to abort 'Yapak' - and when we arrived at wreck site there was only my buddy, myself and DM down there, no current, excellent 20 m + viz and a great assortment of Macro life, schooling snappers, batfish and so on. Also made a simple off the beach night dive in front of Calypso, and found as many weird little critters there as I have in more known 'muck dive' sites - coming across several octopus, frog fish, sailed frog fish, crab types I didn't know existed, black/white ringed morays and so on.

Our Yapak dive was aborted at 30m depth due to very strong currents on the day sweeping us past the wall we wanted to get down to, and though last time I was there "Yapak" was excellent, I have to say this time, off season with most days just buddy/I and a DM out on dives, none of the dives disappointed, saw plenty of life, viz was good and water temperature a warm 30~28 C.

Enjoy, cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom