Going to Cozumel in October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deb,
Sallye now has the Goves and Gauze bandages I brought down. Sorry We couldn't meet up bu that was the best option. I ended up using Sallyes wifi as the Villa had issues off and on all week. That made a meet up hard to arrange. We tried to get you over for the beach party on Thursday but Sallye and I went up North with Edgar to hunt Pez Leon so Sallye could make Ceveche for the the party, lost track of time, Sorry:depressed:. I'll bring some more gloves in March if there is room in one of our bags.
I'm typing this on the way home 39,000 feet (isn't technology wonderful) and will try to give brief trip report on my plane ride back from Peru (work trip) on friday.
It was a great trip with alot of fun with fellow Aldorians. Fred and Sallye had me busting a gut everyday. Big Fun!!! Weather turned for the better just in time for Wendesday's afternoon trip and continued until we departed. Hurt to leave. More later...

I stood at every boarding line at CZM today hoping that you would step forward & tell me what happened! So thank you so much for helping us. I will track down Sallye! (Whose number I don't have...) I'm really sorry that I missed you -- or did I?! Hope your visit was marvelous & we'll try harder for a get-together next time you come down.

Yes... By all indications, Joe, Fred, and I had plenty of fun. I TRIED to get Joe to extend, but he kept talking about having to work, silly man that he is. Already miss him in the water and under the palapa... They flew out of CUN.

Will send you my #, and we can set up getting the supplies to you, Deb.

---------- Post Merged at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Found two pairs of golden cleaner shrimp on Chankanab tonight.

Spent some quality time with two octopus, too. One led me around the coral head once then decided to just go ahead and hunt anyway. :)

Anyone else seeing lots of tiny, baby bristle worms? Even bristle worms are cute as babies.

An ocellated crab was ready to fight, and the big clinging crabs were sitting at the tops of small coral heads. I think the female might've been aerating her eggs. She didn't have the mass of eggs under her apron, but she kept opening it and waving the layers inside.

The little shrimp in the sand kept making me giggle by doing somersaults.

Anyway... Nice night dive. My Superior Morena and La Terraza seafood pizza are gone, so it must be time to sleep. Gotta get up early and do it all again!

Yesterday, half a dozen black tip sharks near the old Martin memorial site. Made our day. Then, while enjoying a couple of margaritas at the Blue Angel restaurant, viewed several boats hanging around a pod of dolphins for what must have been around 20 minutes. Yes, yesterday was a good day.

turk9

We saw it too, Turk9, from the 3rd floor. Did we dive with y'all?

First trip to Cozumel, going solo on the 28th for a week with Blue Angel. From the other posts on SB they seem to have a good rep and their off season special is dirt cheap

just booked a trip to go back in october. staying solo in playa del carmen oct 11 to 13 and hoping to do my cavern certification with tank ha. stayin at hacianda del caribe. then its off to coz from oct13 to 20. stayin at the park royal and diving with del mar. meeting up with a group from my home town. really looking forward to goin back again. hoping to be part of the turtle release program this time. too cool !!

just a suggestion for anyone who might not be familiar with the turtle release project.......do yourself a huge favor and plan on making your way to the east side of the island any afternoon and look for the road side trailer and tent top they use as an office site. with a small donation of $25 you will hear and see a presentation about the history and breeding habits of the cozumel turtles. then after a briefing on how to help out, you will be able to dig up various nest sites to search for any babies that could not make it out on their own. you help separate and count the eggs so the biologists can keep records of how many are being layed and how many actually mature and hatch.
we were lucky enough to have one of our fellow volunteers dig up a completely hatched nest that was not quite ready to leave the sand. just before sun down they made their way down the beach along with all they other babies we collected during the afternoon and off they went. hopefully many of them will survive and return for us to see while enjoying our time under water.
it is a "must do" for anyone interested in marine conservation. and don't forget to pick up a souvenir tshirt as well.

Back
Top Bottom