Going to LBI NJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that we’re talking about a different Greenwood Lake. Mine is in NY.
Same place-- on the NY/NJ border. I stayed in Florida (town), NY in Orange County.

Same place-- on the NY/NJ border. I stayed in Florida (town), NY in Orange County.

I just learned something new. Thanks! Is there a New York in Florida? Wait, most of New York already is in Florida.

I think that we’re talking about a different Greenwood Lake. Mine is in NY.

Thank you very much for the DinaDee II post I just got off the phone with one of the Captain’s Garry. He seems like an awesome guy and I booked a day. I’m super stoked!!!! If we ever meet drinks are on me.
As for this post I’m replying to. There is a FL NY that is about 20 min from GWL.

My guess is you can shore dive on the ocean side on a very calm day, but may only see sand. I would think the bay side would be very shallow, but haven't tried either of those places.
I drove around Greenwood L. in '01 looking for a place to fish. Was staying at Black Bear Campground in Florida.

The thing about diving GWL is like almost any other diving spot if you don’t have local knowledge of where to go you will be miserable. But in saying that back in the day earlier in the 1900’s this town had trains in and out. It had steam ferries that took tourists around the lake and stopped off at certain locations from where the trains left ppl. Case in hand a Steam ferry Exploded & burnt fully on the north end of the lake supposedly right between one restaurant and Another Marina. So every time I dive that area I look for stuff from it. I always come across wood debris and seeing both establishments have been there since that time I don’t know if the wood is from the boat or an old broke dock. BUUUUTTTT last week during the tropical storm It broke the marina’s docks to hell and boats were sinking. So I got an Emergency Call to dive down and relocate the anchor mains and run the chains back to the docks in effort to limit the damage to the vessels and also the docks. Well guess what I found while down there looking for giant concrete blocks? The steam engine and right where in lack of a better way of putting it Where the legend said. Haha I know I went off on a little bit of a story there but thought you’d like it. Iv also found lots of other things down there.

Funny. I hike Greenwood a lot. Favorite stretch is Bare Rock trail to Greenwood lake. Vista is fantastic. Views all the way to New York City. I always thought that diving Lake Surprise would be fun but schlepping gear up there would be impossible.

I have been hiking and hunting Sterling since I have been a child I know every Nook and cranny of the park. Funny thing tho never had a map of it and never paid attention to trail markers. But if you ever want to meet up for a hike I can deff show you some cool spots off trail. And views you would never find. I have an 80 mile trek from GWL to Haskell NJ. It’s pretty intense

I have been hiking and hunting Sterling since I have been a child I know every Nook and cranny of the park. Funny thing tho never had a map of it and never paid attention to trail markers. But if you ever want to meet up for a hike I can deff show you some cool spots off trail. And views you would never find. I have an 80 mile trek from GWL to Haskell NJ. It’s pretty intense

Getting surgery in the fall to repair a bothersome tarsal tunnel in my foot. (Too much hiking). Will take you up on this for sure next spring. We usually park opposite the Greenwood Lake Marina. PITA after 7:30am on weekends.

Just for the record, I've done 1,800 miles on the AT and the Greenwood Lake section views are some of the most scenic I've seen. The NJ/NJ intersection of the trail is right there.

Where do you get your fills? I reckon BWD is closest to you in Rochelle Park?

Getting surgery in the fall to repair a bothersome tarsal tunnel in my foot. (Too much hiking). Will take you up on this for sure next spring. We usually park opposite the Greenwood Lake Marina. PITA after 7:30am on weekends.

Just for the record, I've done 1,800 miles on the AT and the Greenwood Lake section views are some of the most scenic I've seen. The NJ/NJ intersection of the trail is right there.

Where do you get your fills? I reckon BWD is closest to you in Rochelle Park?

I actually don’t spend much time in the west side Woods because of the traffic. I like to be the only one around. While it’s starting to get more and more traffic in the east side It’s rather rare I bump into ppl while deep. By the parking areas and on the main trail yes you see ppl but not really in the interior Of the park.
That is Awesome you did that I would to pull Something like that off but I have 4 young children from 6 months to 6 years old. Haha so it will be a few years till I get to do something like that. But something I’m very proud of is the children I have that I can take love the out door life.and would rather be there than anywhere else. The offer is always open. Get done what you need done and get back to me I’m sure we’ll talk in between. But pm me any I’ll send you my number.

Where do you get your fills? I reckon BWD is closest to you in Rochelle Park?[/QUOTE]

Two generations of us have been using Middletown scuba. Patrick and Marry the owners, are just some of the best ppl Iv ever met. If I’m away and need to get something I almost feel like I’m cheating on my wife lol.

I started the trail when my daughter started college eight years ago! Still have 300 miles to finish - but I’ve done PA, NJ and NY at least 10 times. Love Breakneck and almost all of Harriman. People don’t realise how much fantastic hiking we have up here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom