Going to Phuket/Phi Phi & Vietnam, need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLdiver

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to Vietnam, Phuket and the Phi Phi Islands early 2003. Any suggestions on Hotels and dive operators? Also if you are familiar with the hotels in Bangkok, that would be great too.

I used Phuket Scuba Club on Kata Beach South in Phuket this January/February. I thought they were excellent. You can contact them through:

www.phuket-scuba-club.com

A colleague in the office used Diveasia in Phuket. She thought they were very good. They have offices on Kata and Karon beach.

Staying on the more southerly beaches like Kata and Karon means you have to travel less to get to Chalong where the day trip boats leave from. There is also local diving both shore and longtail from Kata/Karon.

For hotels look up:

www.sawadee.com

Regards

Doc Vikingo and a group of others have been posting a lot of info on the Rodale's board concerning a recent trip to this area. You could go to that board and do a search. Probably get a lot of good info.

Re: Bangkok HOtels - let me know your budget and I'll get back to you with some recommendations.

For Phuket, I agree with Welshman, if you stay around Kata/Karon it's much more convenient for getting to the harbour to get the dive boats. I can also recommend you some places to stay and dive operators... send me a PM with your budgetary requirements - it makes it easier!

Cheers

If you can't stay away from Phuket, you should consider staying on Chalong Beach, SeaBees have accomodation, and it certainly is better than going to Patong.

If you dive with them, you'll have the chance to meet with Maritta, the lady who has over 20.000 dives (I mentioned her in an earlier post concerning lady divers).

Hi FLDiver,

You can check out:
www.AsiaDiveGuide.com

They've got a good list of hotels and dive operators, and you can also save them in a wish list and send multiple inquiries with one click.

Cheer,
Diver88

Chiara

From what I remember Chalong isn't a beach, more an expanse of mud. All the best beaches are on the West side. Kata was a very nice beach with shore diving as well.

regards

:confused:

exactly how do you pronounce Phuket?
I read about it on this board and am fairly surely it is not pronounced to rhyme with bucket

Just wondering....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom