Going to Venice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
Me and the wife are heading down to Venice on the weekend of the 18th to dive a little and hang out on the beach anyone else going?

Hopefully the winds stay calm and you can get at least a couple of inches of viz. Last week the winds where way up there and that usually wrecks any hope doing anything but dive by braille:shocked2:

But at least you'll be wet...... the only diving I get lately is work related. I'll be doing a Dive Demo for a group of youngsters. I'll still be enjoying myself but I'll be in a pool, no hope of finding a Meg in there unless one drops out of ReefGuy's pouch.:D

Good Luck have fun

Right now I am not sure the weather is going to cooperate. The viz has not been good for several days now but may clear up in the next week. However, you picked a good weekend to come to Venice, the Shark's Tooth Festival will occur on Friday through Sunday. If you are in town, don't miss it.

Looking at the surf forecast you may be in for some luck - the winds are supposed to shift to an easterly direction and starting Thursday morning the waves are supposed to be calm - flat at the beach. If this holds, Sat and Sun should be OK for diving.

heading to venice been great beach river bed sat morn. should be calm vis hasnt been great but rarley is. my local dive shop owner found a very large megla last weekend so good luck.

My wife and I are going. I booked a dive on the Aristakat Saturday morning. I'm going to try a beach dive either Sunday or Monday morning too. I'll shoot you a PM with my cel number in case you need a dive buddy off the beach (my wife doesn't dive so I'm without a buddy.)

Went to Venice today... The surface conditions were great! Nice, warm, no waves. Surface vis was about 3 ft. Water was 73 deg. Bottom vis was 2.43 inches. Yeah, that's right- nothin. There is about a 2 foot dark black layer of suspended schmootz at the bottom that makes it totally impossible to see your hand, gauges, shark, shark tooth or the mammoth tusk I think I hit my head on. Need to give it a couple of calm days to make any dive worth while. I did two locations- bone yard and then closer to the beach. Same same. I'd head to the rivers... but they are all flooded and it's gator breading season. Sink holes it is!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom