Gonna jump off into the deep end ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck! You'll have a blast!

My best tip... Remember to enjoy your diving, and stop (!), stabilize, wait a second, feel the eaze and THEN do the excersise...

Take your time, and relax!

Details, man....details! When is your class and who are you taking it with? Yeah, I'm being nosy. Lol.

Good luck and enjoy the experience. :)

Details, man....details! When is your class and who are you taking it with? Yeah, I'm being nosy. Lol.

Good luck and enjoy the experience. :)

Beginning of June with Guy on Van. Is.

Thanks Cyprian

BRad

Reactions: mer
You'll have fun. If you have a chance to get in the water between now and then, just work on basic buoyancy and stability. If you can flood and clear your mask while hovering, without changing depth or moving forward, you will be well prepared for the class.

Mastering the Fundamentals skills will make all of your diving easier and more fun, whether you continue with GUE or not.

Good luck, you'll learn a lot. You chose an outstanding instructor ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You'll have fun. If you have a chance to get in the water between now and then, just work on basic buoyancy and stability. If you can flood and clear your mask while hovering, without changing depth or moving forward, you will be well prepared for the class.

Mastering the Fundamentals skills will make all of your diving easier and more fun, whether you continue with GUE or not.

Thanks TSandM!

I've already have a dozen+ dives out there this year for being a full days drive from the coast and a busy work schedule. I also should have a few more dozen on the upcoming invasion trip in Roatan before Fundies.

The past few dozen dives have been with GUE and other DIR divers, just finally Guy's and my schedule has aligned over the past few seasons.

My only issue that I'm aware of at the moment is just staying 'still'. I tend to drift and need to work on being aware of where I'm drifting to and actively correct it before I'm doing circles around everyone in the wrong way. I hope to get a lot more proficient during the upcoming trip

Back kicks and turns can always use some work (as with reels and spools), but I can go backwards and turn on a spot and deploy my smb when I need/want to.

I'm sure Guy will have other things for me to work on that I don't even know about ...

BRad

---------- Post added April 3rd, 2014 at 05:00 PM ----------

Good luck, you'll learn a lot. You chose an outstanding instructor ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks Bob,

Although I don't know, last chat we had (Guy and I), he alluded to the fact the other local GUE guys were talking about me ...... Hopefully mostly good!

BRad

Great decision! Have fun, enjoy the class & learn all you can! Guy is a great choice :)!

personal experience, Guy is very good at this. I definitely got my money's worth doing the course with him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom