Good and cheap Ultrasonic Cleaner?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_dragon_no1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for a usable and cheap cleaner for cleaning regs and valves.
I see a lot of very cheap stuff on Ebay, but don't wanna go so cheap it will only last a few days.

So any tips ?

Q:
1. Can cleaning solutions be used with all/most cleaners ?
2. What kinda wattage to look for ? 30w ? 50? 70? And is it a must with heating?
3. What capacity should i be looking for ?

Thanks!

Last edited:
One feature I'd insist on is heater. For the cleaning solution, buy the solutions rated for sonic cleaner and avoid the ones that leave a smell/taste on the equipment. I used to buy it from Global Mfg. If you are going to be doing O2 cleaning, you'll need the appropriate material for it.

One feature I'd insist on is heater. For the cleaning solution, buy the solutions rated for sonic cleaner. I used to buy it from Global Mfg. If you are going to be doing O2 cleaning, you'll need the appropriate material for it.

Thanks. Yeah kinda remember hearing the heater is a must, but wasn't shure at the moment. As for cleaning solution i know many here that use some kinda toilet cleaning solutins, and it's doing the job good. What do you mean by appropriate material for O2 cleaning ? The material of cleaner it self ?

I see that you are from Norway, this means that you'll need 220V/50Hz power. I am in Libya and need to buy one too but I am not sure what brands and where to buy them from in this part of the world. I know where and who to buy from in the US but not here. Do you know who/where please?

You should check around you at dive shops with service centers.

I see that you are from Norway, this means that you'll need 220V/50Hz power. I am in Libya and need to buy one too but I am not sure what brands and where to buy them from in this part of the world. I know where and who to buy from in the US but not here. Do you know who/where please?
You should check around you at dive shops with service centers.

Yes, from Norway.
And don't wanna buy here because it's just way to overpriced compared to international prices. That's why i'm staring my search at Ebay :)

Thanks. Yeah kinda remember hearing the heater is a must, but wasn't shure at the moment. As for cleaning solution i know many here that use some kinda toilet cleaning solutins, and it's doing the job good. What do you mean by appropriate material for O2 cleaning ? The material of cleaner it self ?

I would just buy the cleaning solution from the companies that cater to the dive industry and not mess around with other stuff that I am not sure of what it does and what harmful components it may have in it I don't know or understand.

For O2 cleaning, you may need different cleaning solution and/or procedure. I am not an expert in O2 cleaning (technical diving use) so I can't give you advise there. You will need to take an appropriate course in O2 cleaning for this.

I would just buy the cleaning solution from the companies that cater to the dive industry and not mess around with other stuff that I am not sure of what it does and what harmful components it may have in it I don't know or understand.
For O2 cleaning, you may need different cleaning solution and/or procedure. I am not an expert in O2 cleaning (technical diving use) so I can't give you advise there. You will need to take an appropriate course in O2 cleaning for this.

But the people i'm talking about is professional scuba gear technicians.
Anyways, i'll just check out that part with a few of them i know well :)

Make sure that it is big enough for your purpose (regulators, tank valves) and has a basket for the parts to sit in while inside the sonic.

What do you consider expensive for sonic cleaners as what you have in Norway?

Back
Top Bottom