Good basic wrist computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK then...first: Thanks to all for the help!
2nd: another fng question: Are there deals to be had at the dive show? I notice that the Chicago show is coming up, and I don't need the thing for a while, so I can afford to wait, if it's worth it...

This has probably been asked before...but ye gads...it's a consumer's nightmare. that, and hundreds of pages to sort through...

Just got back from my first dive trip, and have 11 dives to my name, loved it, want to do more...decided I should get a computer...can anyone point me in a good direction that won't break the bank?

At this point, I don't think I will ever need nitrox, prefer wrist mount, and downloadable would be a plus.

have looked at the Mares M2; Oceanic VEO 100; Aeris XR1...anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks for your patience with a complete fng...I'm so confused.
i didn't bother reading the others' responses as they're all probably valid

for a basic computer i'd suggest a Cressi Edy 1 (there's a 2 that's a bit more expensive and i don't know why)

nitrox, guage and downloadble

looks like a wristwatch

VERY simple and clear to use even underwater - i've tried it on a couple dives... VERY nice

if you want an inexpensive computer get this...

Jag

thanks...but $500 is more than I want to spend...hoping to keep it around/under $200...

Another vote for the Gekko. Very nice, entry-level computer with all necessary bells and whistles for an entry-level and as someone else noted, makes a great back-up once you upgrade. Easily under $200 if you shop around.

Good luck.

Get a nitrox capable one .. I thought as you did when I first shopped for one too (Oceanic VEO 100) but .. I ended up with one that does and guess what, I now have a nitrox cert .. you just never know (VEO 200, now a VEO 250)

there are deals to be found on some ... Mares M2 Nitrox Computer reviews and discounts, Mares is one, and you can ask Larry at ScubaToys for suggestions .. he is a solid member of ScubaBoard

thank you thank you thank you.
after speaking with Joe at ScubaToys, and all the great input from the folks here, I've got an M2 on the way.
Now I just need it to warm up a little....
thanks again!:D

made by seiko, this is one of the coolest watches out. very easy to use and tough as nails.

Back
Top Bottom