good computer for collecting data

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sufur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i would like to get a good computer that i can use to keep track of my air usage during dives. so i can chart it over time and see how it changes any recommendations ?

i have a brass spg on order but at the end of the dive, that doesnt leave me with any data to look at. So i would like to also add an air integrated computer.

I would think that most of the AI computers would be able to provide this, but I can only speak for mine. I have a Pro Plus 2 and set it to a two second sampling rate which gives me far more dive data than I need. While the display only shows me 5psi increments, part of the data it collects is in 1psi increments.

When I'm diving, it is making calculations on-the-fly, which I can see and evaluate once I download the data. For instance, I can set an "air time remaining" alert which will change depending on depth and consumption rate... I get to see the computer's decisions by looking at each sampling.

In the end, I get my SAC in ft3/sec, and compare that with other dives. My opinion is the database is a goldmine... something you can certainly get trends out of.

Ken

Try here
Suunto Diving World - Home

I have been using a Suunto Vytec since 2002, with a gas transmitter since 2003. I think they are a great system. No troubles with the kit, and all the dives with gas consumption downloaded to my PC

I think almost any AI computer that will let you download the data would do what you want. I use an Oceanic Atom 2.0, and I keep track of my air consumption across dives on my PC.

Another alternative for logging data is the SENSUS Ultra. I have the earlier Pro & you have to download it to see the data, but I can download it both to my laptop and my Palm. I have over 100 dives recorded at 10 second intervals, and still have room for more. The current production Ultra has much greater capacity.

I use and like the Sensus Ultra too, but it doesn't help the OP track his air usage. When I think about it, I just note the SPG readings at the beginning and end of the dive and plug it in to the Ultra's data, which it then uses to calculate my SAC.

Yes, you have to remember your start & end air pressure, then enter the values manually - It's become so routine for me I forgot to mention it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom