good dive computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, and next time do search, then post this in the computers section. Just FYI.

is not really needed.
It is helpfull a little in protecting the SPG from bumps, but the main risk to the SPG is on the boat. Getting mashed by a tank.
In this situation the SPG can be broken with or without the boot.

With no boot you won't hide corrosion and it is smaller.

Your choice (unless you go DIR with GUE training) but I like bootless better.

Uwatec seems to be a winner, I've used several different makes, this one I like the best. I'm using the Aladin Pro Ultra, but Uwatec makes far better in it's air integrated.

I just want to mention the Cressi Archimede computer, as something worth looking at. It goes for cheaper than many others around here, and I have had nothing but good experiences with it. One thing I like over (some? all? Haven't had all...) Suunto's is, that the display is nice and big. Does Nitrox (up to 50%) too and is quite easy to use. It also seems that the Archimede is less conservative in NDL and deco times than the Suunto, but I have not brought them both down at the same time to compare.

The algorithm is supposibly: "Bühlmann ZH-L8 algorithm, redesigned by Randy Bohrer to make it suitable for a more sophisticated RGBM program"....

(Of course, bigger display means that the whole thing is bigger than the suunto....apparantly attractive to octopusses, which on occation have grabbed on to the computer and kept me company for a while on dives in the mediteranean...)

Ohh..and writsmount is definitely the way to go, regardless of which computer you choose.

Vyper wrist mount

Back
Top Bottom