Good dry suits...$1500 range

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best drysuit on earth, the Hunter Pro VSN 1100. Tough, stretchable fabric, dries quickly, conical latex seals, vulcanized seams. Bought one last year, construction quality outshines anything else I've seen, swims like a dream, and they will do semi custom suits. Manufacturer of sport and commercial suits in England with US dealers. Check it out at Hunter-Diving.com. They are the previous Gates Drysuit company, and have more years of drysuit manufacturing experience than almost anyone. I ordered a semi custom suit and their customer service was excellent. The VSN combines the best features of the DUI TLS 350 (dries fast, comfortable) with that of the DUI CF 200 (tough, stretchable, flexible) at about half to two thirds the price of either of the DUI options. The VSN uses a proprietary Gates rubber material about 1mm thick sandwitched between nylon jersey inside and out. Never could understand why DUI bothers to blow up rubber into neoprene then crush it back down again when making their drysuits, why not just use thicker trilaminate rubber to begin with as Gates does? Crushed neoprene dries much more slowly than normal rubber and soaks up alot more water making them a pain to travel with. Also, of course, DUI does not vulcanize their seams, as Hunter (Gates) does, which is much more secure. Once you've seen how Hunter vulcanizes their seams, you will be very impressed. I did alot of research prior to selecting my suit, and I've not been disappointed. These suits come in front or back entry, and have basic otherwise traditional proven designs. Good luck choosing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom