Good Instructors In Atlanta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
My nephew wants to get certified. He has done a number of "intro dives" throughout the Caribbean and is very comfortable in the water.

He lives in Atlanta and unfortunately I have no knowledge of good dive shops and instructors there. I tend to prefer SSI or NAUI but PADI is fine... it is the instrictor, not the certifying agency, that usually makes the difference.

Can a few folks out there from the Atlanta area (preferably near Woodstock) suggest dive operators I can tell my sister to contact? Would be most appreciated.

You can PM me with the info or post if you think it would be of general interest.

Dr. Bill

Try Dive Dive Dive in Lawrenceville 678 407 2442. Tony metcalf is the owner. He is an SSI facility with a huge pool at his shop.

I've been diving with Tony for a number of years. He gave the wife private lessons as well as taught my 13 year old daughter. I would not have trusted them with anyone else.

Dave

Hi Dr. Bill, I can recommend a shop near you in Woodstock. It is SeaSports in Alpharetta owned and run by Brenda Tillman and her husband Frank. They can help you out without having to go so far to take classes. I know that you would like the shop and the instructors for certain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom