Good Morning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Things do change and hopefully they change for the better. Put the Nekton dive cruise with Bob Evans and his family next in line for your Christmas week, and if things do change for you, there will always space for you aboard the Nekton Pilot.

Looks like people from Alaska to Roatan will be aboard. It will be a fun week with phenomenal diving and phenomenal personalities. Plus, Bob has promised to bring a suitcase full of Force Fins for those guests not already diving with Force Fins to have the opportunity to try out the best fins in the world.

It never ceases to amaze me how much gear we divers travel with - and Bob has volunteered to bring extra gear!!

Dennis

Hello Erowe,

Don't know who you are, but you'e always welcome aboard our dive vessels - and we still have family discounts! Looks like someone from AK and Roatan will be aboard, plus all the other booked guest who have not yet discovered this forum.

Dennis

Blair,

It took a while, but I finally realized I fell offline. While openning another window and searching how to get back on this forum, I read a quote from someone who said two servers are better than one. Wow, that should go down in annals of profound quotes.

Well anyway Blair, as the Ambassador in Residence at Force Fins, what will you be doing? What is your job description? I really don't know what a corporate ambassador does.

Dennis

LOL...yes 2 servers are always better than one...just as 2 dives are better than one...
My parents were looking for the family discount that comes with having a daughter that works on the Pilot (but I never worked for Nekton, much to their disappointment). But, I sent a note to my dad, so maybe if they can travel, we will try it as a family vacation, since you welcome non-divers (mom). Either way, I will have to look into this trip on my own...it was nice to see a post from you and we'll see how Blair's plans change! :)

PS - I went to highschool with Blair and just called him at OFSafter seeing his name in credits on PBS episode of Ocean Adventures (and eventually watching him sing a song for the crew - I knew for sure it was him). They could not be luckier to have Blair's personality AND experience.

I have worked on local dive boats (SoCal) and became an instructor just because I could. I've also been certified thru IANTD for Nitrox and Deep Diver. I am a fish out of water and since 99% of my diving has been cold water, I (of course) would LOOOOOVE a cruise to warmer waters...pretty much anywhere! Alas, time-permitting of course...

I just got a private message from a U.S. Navy submariner and diver. He has spoken to me before about the Bob Evans dive cruise. and would love to be on the Christmas dive but for an impending job change. He won't know whether he can join us until the end of September. My response was to offer to hold space for him until he knows for sure.

When you read between the lines, my thoughts are bifurcated: (1) Force Fins are the fins of choice by heavy load divers, like military divers and professional divers; and (2) that Bob Evans is a magnet, attracting the best of the best.

And now Blair, I understand the attraction between you and Bob.

Dennis

erowe:
PS - I went to highschool with Blair and just called him at OFSafter seeing his name in credits on PBS episode of Ocean Adventures (and eventually watching him sing a song for the crew - I knew for sure it was him). They could not be luckier to have Blair's personality AND experience.

I have worked on local dive boats (SoCal) and became an instructor just because I could. I've also been certified thru IANTD for Nitrox and Deep Diver. I am a fish out of water and since 99% of my diving has been cold water, I (of course) would LOOOOOVE a cruise to warmer waters...pretty much anywhere! Alas, time-permitting of course...
Erowe,

I recently returned from a trip to Wisconsin. It was the first time in almost a decade I've put on a dry suit. At my age, I have become a warm water snob!

Dennis

I am teaching Diving here in Ketchikan.
Bob can tell you all about me.
I am using the Military and the Excelerating fin now and the new foot pocket is sheer genius on Bob's Part

Hey there Blair....i've heard a lot about your career from various web sites and from living in SB. I'm taking the dive into scuba now and would greatly appreciate any advice on purchasing gear. What can you tell me about Force Fin?

WW

Welcome to the underwater world. I hope you find it as exciting and enjoyable as I do. Starting out as a new diver you will have a lot on your mind, so the more you can do to not think about how your equipment is working the better. Force Fin is a good choice for a new diver because you will not have to think about your fins. You have no habits formed by using fins that work contrary to your natural kick stroke, that is the type you learned when swimming. Force Fins amplify this natural kick style, so they are the easiest to adapt to. A detailed explanation on why the Force Fins can work for you go to our website and read the truth about dive fins. http://www.forcefin.com/FF_PAGES/Truth_Dive2.htm

For you I would suggest the Original or Pro models. Look forward to hearing about your adventures in diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom