Goodby Texas, hello Seattle!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bittersweet but true. I'm taking the tribe and moving to Seattle. It was nice diving with y'all!

John

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest. You'll find there are lots of diving opportunities up here. There are lots of good shore dives. Sure, it's colder here, but there is a huge dive community. You'll have no trouble finding people to dive with.

I usually get out once a week to dive. We dive year round up here!

Ron

Thanks for the well wishes all. The diving up there is only one of the great things the PNW has to offer IMO. I've been diving in the sound for several years now, and am looking forward to doing more. If anyone is ever up that way look me me up.

john

If so, just go hang out at dive sites or your LDS. You'll find tons of technical divers at Cove 1 and Cove 2 at Alki beach almost every weekend and also most Wednesday nights. Global Underwater Explorers is a big presence there. Underwater Sports Seattle runs a lot of their AOW and specialty classes out of there on the weekends as well. Friends and diving groups meet up there too because there is decent parking, a public restroom room, and a place to get hot chowder and good fries. :) Mukilteo Landing also tends to be a place instructors take their OW students, but experienced divers will camp out there all day, catching crab, waiting until the end of the day, and then enjoying their haul as the sun goes down.

If you are living in Seattle proper, check out Underwater Sports. It's a bit sparse on product, but the manager, Ken, is fair and willing to make you a good deal. Kevin, Royce, and John are nice guys who just want you to have a good time diving. Royce is taking over the Mudsharks diving club and trying to bring it back to its former glory.

There are other branches of UWS around the Puget Sound, but you would have to visit them yourself to see what they are like. Lighthouse in Lynnwood often has good deals on wetsuits and drysuits; Lighthouse is Lake City has a weird vibe but I can't figure out why. Silent World in Bellevue is a little snotty for my taste, and I haven't been to Discount Diver off Westlake because I like to buy near gear (but that's because I'm a new diver and I don't really know what's ok to buy used).

Last tip: If there is any gear you need and can wait until late July to buy it, UWS Seattle has a HUGE sale at the end of July. Go early to make sure you get what you want!

I hope you enjoy living in the Pacific Northwest. It's a beautiful place.

-Alexandra

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom