Goodbye Andy's...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Well, I found out two weeks ago that Andy's Drysuits are going away for good. Figures, I was just ready to order one. I actually got Andy to agree to sell me one of his last suits (non-custom only), but alas, it doesn't fit right. I'm returning it today. :sad_2:

Guess I'll order the Diving Concepts.

Rick Inman:
Well, I found out two weeks ago that Andy's Drysuits are going away for good. Figures, I was just ready to order one. I actually got Andy to agree to sell me one of his last suits (non-custom only), but alas, it doesn't fit right. I'm returning it today. :sad_2:

Guess I'll order the Diving Concepts.

wow, that sucks. I just bought one last year and they were great to deal with. They moved my dump valve for $15 6 or 7 months after I bought it and Andy seemed like a good guy. Funny as hell to!
Do you know why are they going out of business?

Uncle Pug:
Hang on... what didn't fit right about it?
Two of me could fit in it. Arms & legs and length is fine, but I could gain about 100 pounds and still fit in it.

Are you suggesting I have it customed? Who? Where? How much? It's still at my house.

Rick Inman:
Two of me could fit in it. Arms & legs and length is fine, but I could gain about 100 pounds and still fit in it.

Are you suggesting I have it customed? Who? Where? How much? It's still at my house.
If you like the suit, and got a good price on it, check with the folks at Superior Drysuit before you send it back. They might be able to help you.

Too bad about Andy's ... they made a great drysuit.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Uncle Pug:
Rick... if it is that far out of whack it probably isn't worth altering.
Yeah, it's way out of wack. I can get a custom Diving Concepts less.

plankspanker:
wow, that sucks. I just bought one last year and they were great to deal with. They moved my dump valve for $15 6 or 7 months after I bought it and Andy seemed like a good guy. Funny as hell to!
Do you know why are they going out of business?

Andy Whitehouse decide to close shop right before DEMA. He has been with it long enough and decide he had enough.. He is financially stable and doesn't need the business..
He is not retiring entirely.. He is doing work for a new company thats producing an FDA approved 4psi chamber..
He will still have is equipment, so who knows what the future may bring..

padiscubapro:
Andy Whitehouse decide to close shop right before DEMA. He has been with it long enough and decide he had enough.. He is financially stable and doesn't need the business..

Another old timer gone. Glad he does not "need the business".

I talked to thier rep yesterday who said that they are mooving the company wich will result in less production but the company isnt closing or stopping at all...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom