GoPro Fusion or other 360 cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Ruttmeister

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So after nearly running headfirst into some massive sea nettle jellies last weekend at Monterrey, but not having a camera to try and show folks just how big and weird looking they are, I started looking at buying my own action camera.

And looking on the GoPro website I see the Fusion, their 360 degree camera (which is now about the same price as a regular Hero).
So now I'm thinking that just attaching a camera like that to my tank (or similar) and forgetting about it. So I can go back and pull stills or video afterwards, without needing to worry about pointing the camera at anything, would be a very handy way to catch those random close encounters. Without spending my time waving the camera everywhere trying and failing to get decent images.

SO...

Anyone got experience diving with 360 cameras? And I can only find a 3rd party dive housing for the Fusion, anyone used it?

paralenz is not 360.

the fusion does not have great video quality, especially underwater, one of the reasons it never really caught on.

Did you check Paralenz camera?

I did, its a bit pricey... (but justified by things like its 250m depth rating).
But I think a fundamentally different use case. My interest in the 360 camera is that you can ignore it for the dive, but then go back through the footage and pull stills or even video of a specific view. GoPro call it OverCapture. I'm not worried about posting full 360 degree videos (unless its a cool video). Its the freedom from needing to play cameraman during the dive that I like.
The Paralenz might be good, be it doesn't do that for me.

Back
Top Bottom