Got a good deal today, but how good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveTW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Today was a good day. A co-worker who doesn't dive anymore gave me his O'Neill neoprene dry suit. I don't know the age but it looks to be in pretty good condition. On the sleeve is marked "XTS" Extreme Temperature Series 7/5 mm. The boots are molded onto the suit.
I dive wet and don't know much about dry suits except from what I've seen at the quarry. And none of the dry suits there were neoprene. Do I have something good here and is it worth getting the valves checked out at my LDS, along with the zipper.

Thanks for any help and advice,
Steve
P.S. If it's worth it, I will take a course in dry suit diving at my LDS before using it.

With this type of dry suit do you also wear undergarments with it or what?
Steve

steve:

I dive a 5mm compressed neoprene ds and I find in waters down to 50F, medium weight ski/snowmobile intended top and bottom set does wonders. Any cooler than that (down to mid forties bottom temperature) and I wear a bare comfortzone equivalent to about a 100 weight fleece.

you will likely want some extra warmth, but I do know guys who wear jeans and t-shirt under theirs.... but rough and tough of characters but hey! to each their own!!

tregrrr,
Sorry I took so long to read your post but thanks for the info. I'll give that a try.
Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom