Got my Dry suit!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmi116

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Bought my drysuit Im stoked. Ready to get in the water today. Bare Atr trilam. woohooo

Once you dive dry it is hard to go back - because you don't want to!

I hear ya. I hung my 7mil farmer john up this evening and was thinking im not going to sell it cause if its summer time I might wear it again. Not a real convincing conversation I had with myself.

Not true...I have a dry suit and prefer to dive wet, just makes me feel more like diving :)

Congrats! I know that feeling! Takes a little while to get the hang of it. Just hang in there it will become second nature :)

I hear ya. I hung my 7mil farmer john up this evening and was thinking im not going to sell it cause if its summer time I might wear it again. Not a real convincing conversation I had with myself.

I still have and use my 7mm, depending on the kind of diving. If you are going to be working hard in the water (possibly not even diving) it is nice to be able to cool off by flushing some cool water into the wetsuit. Also, if you are going to be bug hunting, a wetsuit is less likely to send you rocketing to the surface feet-first.

Enjoy.

I have dove dry with my rescue team but we dive viking vulcanized, they are just so bulky and so stock that I have never been comfortable while diving it. As far as fit! I am very comfortable diving dry and the emergency procedures we practice relentlessly. we also dive innerspiro full face. I am just really excited to have a drysuit that fits properly and I feel like I am missing so many dive oppurtunities here in upstate NY that I should be able to take full advantage of now. I will definately still cary my 7mm I understand what you are saying about feeling like your diving. I also think that it is important when diving with my 15 yr old who dives wet so I can feel the same elements as she is feeling. ie cold ...
Thanks everyone!

Congrats!

Not to hijack - but

I too just got my 1st drysuit. DUI TLS 350 SE. Not top drawer but It's what I wanted. I have never done a dry dive. I just finished the bookwork for the drysuit class and as soon as I finish my Nitrox bookwork I'll get together with my instructor in his pool for wet sessions then we will go dive a local lake for all my check out dives. Can't wait.

awesome 3 sport welcome and good luck with the dives. Even though I have done dry rescue and recovery dives I am still going to do the padi specialty. Just sounds like a good idea to me IMO!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom