Got my PDRA card yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmm. princess diver requires acolytes? pushy diver refuses advances? prancing dogs regret answering? inquiring minds want to know...:wink:

blowin_bubbles:
my New-B status is showing ... what is a PDRA card?

Piedmont Diving and Rescue Association. They operate 3 quarries open to the membership and guest only. American Quarry in Salisbury, Robertson Quarry near Yanceyville, and Lake Norman Quarry near Mooresville.

www.ncpdra.org

No where near as nice as Bluestone, but if you want to dive a lot, it is cheaper. I have been to Salisbury, it has very little viz below the thermocline. I hear the other two are much better. I hope to find out soon.

aahhh. thanks for explaining! i bet grier has one - grierhpharmd. maybe gerry. maybe bobby? dunno.

If I remember correctly Ryuku and Henry both have one as well, but I could be mistaken.

Matt

I had mine for six years even though don't dive the quarries much just because I love to dive the ocean more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just joined this year. And speaking of Grier, I talked to him this afternoon and plan on going to the Lake Norman Quarry with him early Sunday morning.

Mark_K'ville:
Piedmont Diving and Rescue Association. They operate 3 quarries open to the membership and guest only. American Quarry in Salisbury, Robertson Quarry near Yanceyville, and Lake Norman Quarry near Mooresville. .....

thanks Mark .... I must've been having a "blonde-moment" ....LOL .
GSO SCUBA set me up a membership also, though i don't have my key yet.

Good news though for anyone heading over to BLANCHE :
Last weekend the little fresh-water jellyfish were spotted in abundance and >>>> caught on film ! Yes folks, they do exist!

I just joined the PDRA last week after completing my OW Cert. I have not received my key yet. I'm planning to go to blanche today and sunday. Not sure if my daughter will be willing to go on sunday. She is 15 and has other things to do. If anyone is planning to go on sunday and needs a bive buddy let me know.

We saw the fresh-water jellyfish last weekend as well. They are really cool to watch.

Back
Top Bottom