Got narced hard today!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
I know everyone is going to bust on me about saying this, but, you don't have to use Trimix. Trimix just makes the dives safer....
Contained in your first post to this thread was the expectation that you would get *busted* by everyone for saying what you did....

So... you got what you expected.

ok, I give up, go back to name calling. LOL

Northeastwrecks you really have a way funny Doing It Chuck(DIC)............ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! almost made me Upchuck laughing!!!!!!

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
ok, I give up, go back to name calling. LOL
I wouldn't exactly go that far... name calling isn't nice... I just wanted to remind Chuck that he did get what he expected.

However I think we should all be able to expect that we will be treated with the respect and dignity we deserve... or something like that anyway.

Play nice kids. :D

U.P.-- I didnt expect to have someone rant and give me a new name, and make a whole new class named afer me.

However, I may think about that for a while, come up with an outline for that class, and submit it to SSI.

Thanks N.E.W. for giving me the idea for my new class... (DIC)
The first classroom session we will be discussing the problems with GUE, and teaching people how to defend themselves against the hordes of the assimilated...

how to defend themselves against the hordes of the assimilated...

Thats simple. Just hang a dive computer around your neck and wear a poodle jacket.

Up is right name calling is bad. It can be fun apparantly but it's bad.

Northeastwrecks, Where were you a couple weeks ago? I could have used that one Doing It Rest of text deleted due to immature funny but mean contetent.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

However I think we should all be able to expect that we will be treated with the respect and dignity we deserve... or something like that anyway.

Play nice kids. :D

It is the defense position that this WAS what he deserved. I rest (literally, see y'all at Harvard's).

U.P.-- I didnt expect to have someone rant and give me a new name, and make a whole new class named afer me.

However, I may think about that for a while, come up with an outline for that class, and submit it to SSI.
You got more than you had a right to expect!

Fame~n~fortune are just around the corner. :D

Thanks N.E.W. for giving me the idea for my new class... (DIC)
The first classroom session we will be discussing the problems with GUE, and teaching people how to defend themselves against the hordes of the assimilated...

I generally try to avoid the flame wars on this list and when I see them start I run and hide because in my view they are wasted bandwidth. But what is equally ridiculous in my view is those that start the GUE -v- [ insert name of choice] and then suggest that it's the GUE guys that start the fight.

All your hyperbole aside, if you want to stand up and be counted then be a man about it, but don't try to have it both ways.

You've started this entire exchange suggesting that deep air is safe, you've asked for statistics or studies to prove the negative but yet you avoid discussing the salinet issues. I've offered all of the available information produced in peer reviewed studies and everything points to an increased level of risk associated with deep air. By your own admission trimix is safer and by your own admission you are going to take the additional training this summer. Some of us that have laready taken the training, done our research and have "been there and done that" look at your statements and just say "hell, this guys hasn't even seen the training, let alone actaully done the dives, so why the hell should we listen to a word he has to say"..

I liken you to listening to a movie critic issuing his review without having even seen the movie.. Rather then ask us to produce yet another study that you won't read why don't you actually tell us why it's safer to dive air at 165' as opposed to adding helium to the mix.

I've done deep air for years and years.. I've taken all of the IANTD deep air training that they had to offer, I've been as deep air 285' on air and I'm telling you based upon all the research, all of the studies and all of the real life actual diving that suggesting deep air is like saying go ahead get drunk and drive home. But just be sure to do it often so you can "adapt" to being a drunk driver.

When you look to narcosis, helium is better. When you look to C02 accumulation, helium is better.. When you look to gas density issues, helium is better. When you look to more forgiving decompression issues, helium is better.. So please don't turn this into a GUE issue, let's stay on the facts and attempt to justify your position based on facts and not innuendo..

I've listed all of the sudies, cites and reasons why deep air is bad, I'm still waiting for you to list why it's beneficial...

The ball is in your court and realize I have no interest in flame wars, I want to stick 100% strictly with facts, if you want flame wars I will not respond..

Your turn..

Later

Back
Top Bottom