Got some new gear yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your going to like those gloves. I've bought several pairs of the aleutions, great for lobstering. I wear them until the water gets into the high 40's and then switch over to dry gloves. There's nothing wrong with having a pair of splits in the arsenal. I'm split down the middle on the split fin debate. There's pros and cons for each. I use both.

Awesome, I plan to use them for spear fishing and crabbing here on the Oregon/Washington coast. I bought them based on that because my dive instructor said he used them and they work great when grabbing crabs or something sharp.

I use those boots. Had them for a year now and they still work like the first day. Comfortable too. I love them. Nice gear. Fins are all about personal preference, and sometimes the environment you will be diving. I love my Aeris Velocity fins, but I am thinking if I do wrecks I might get me some split fins because they are shorter and do well with small kicks. Just an idea I am playing with. It's good you have people to talk to about gear options. I know the owner of my LDS will give me the pros and cons of all the gear I buy and helps me make choices based on the diving I like to do. Great people to talk to and I love all my equipment. Only thing I regret is my BC. I bought it during my checkout dives. I don't like the lack of pockets. Not a big deal in my dry suit, but a real pain when I dive wet and need to carry things like a backup light.

Only thing I regret is my BC. I bought it during my checkout dives. I don't like the lack of pockets. Not a big deal in my dry suit, but a real pain when I dive wet and need to carry things like a backup light.
Try out some bolt snaps?

Getting new gear is always fun....
Yes, that is true. And not just for scuba diving.
I still remember how excited I was when I bought my sparkling new Ducati 1198S :D

.........What seemed like a great idea sometimes morphs into "What was I thinking?" ....
"What was I thinking?" ... is exactly what I told myself during the helicopter ride to the hospital after I crashed my sparkling new Ducati 1198S :shakehead:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Try out some bolt snaps?

Yeah, just like as little gear dangling as possible. I am one of the minimalist divers. I prefer stuff tucked away in pockets and such. But yeah, snaps work in a pinch.

Loool, Im sorry, but this just made me laugh. I would love to buy a 797 Duc one day

I still remember how excited I was when I bought my sparkling new Ducati 1198S :D

"What was I thinking?" ... is exactly what I told myself during the helicopter ride to the hospital after I crashed my sparkling new Ducati 1198S :shakehead:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Dude, good for you. Sounds like you had fun and I am not qualified to evaluate your purchase decisions, but Damn, those are some ugly looking fins :D

Dive safely my friend.

Dude, good for you. Sounds like you had fun and I am not qualified to evaluate your purchase decisions, but Damn, those are some ugly looking fins :D

Dive safely my friend.

Whose fins are ugly??? I looked up the Aeris fins and thought they look pretty good so you must be talking about mine. How a pic of yours...hmmm??? Let's see what you dive with!!! :whack: LOL!!!

Looks like you had fun! Although I'm kind of a paddle fin fan, I would MUCH rather see students in the Novas than in splits. I think you'll be pleased with your purchase, and they come with spring straps!
Can you tell me why?

DiveNav;[URL="tel:6121215":
6121215[/URL]]Yes, that is true. And not just for scuba diving.

Alberto (aka eDiver)[/QUOTE

I threw up in my mouth a little when I read that...wow that sucks

Back
Top Bottom