Governor's Harbor, Eleuthera - Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPT HOOK:
Oops, was told they closed and sold their boat.

Valentine's was sold to The Bartenfelder's (Laura and Chris) in late 1990's after the dock burned down ... maybe this is was the deal with the 'for sale' story?

Well we are leaving July 16th for Eleuthera Bahamas. Travel plans have been finalized including a jeep for a week. Planning on diving the train wreck. Anyone have any pointers for the island as it's not exactly Nassau :06: Will have tanks waiting when we fly in from Clear Water Dive Center :eyebrow:

I've been tallking to Valentine's #242-333-2080. $75 for a 2 tank dive. She said the deep water temp was 72. I'm going to stick to the shallow dives. My girlfriend is not certified. So we can go out on the shallow 10-35 ft deep dives and she can snorkel while I dive. I'm going June 6-13. Let me know if you dive with any good ones. Thanks, Dayne

Not sure if you noticed - the last post I made was in 2004 :rofl3:
I grabbed some tanks from Clearwater Dive Center then grabbed a few lobsters :D You can shore dive from anywhere.Post what you find as it's been almost 4 years since I've been to Eleuthra.

I've been tallking to Valentine's #242-333-2080. $75 for a 2 tank dive. She said the deep water temp was 72. I'm going to stick to the shallow dives. My girlfriend is not certified. So we can go out on the shallow 10-35 ft deep dives and she can snorkel while I dive. I'm going June 6-13. Let me know if you dive with any good ones. Thanks, Dayne

Didn't look at the date. Thanks. Even though it been 4 years, have any good ideas? I'm advanced and nitrox certified but my girlfriend doesn't have her open water. I plan on snorkling a lot with her. Any places around Govenor's Harbor that we can bug for lobster?

Clear Water Dive Shop is in the center of Governor's Harbor. It's a little hole in the wall shop around the side of the main liquor store - across from the police hut :rofl3: Thats where we rented tanks & weights. Bring your own Mask, Reg, BC, SNORKEL & fins. You'll be sorry if you don't.

Forget about nitrox on the island. You wont find any & it would be a waste on most dives there anyway. Depth for most everything we dove were 25' or less. A snorkeler or free diver paradise. We did All shore dives & did more snorkeling then diving. Your girlfriend will love it.

As for the lobster - (Hypothetically for the sake of legalities :eyebrow:) we rented a private house, including a cook & it was lobster season in Florida. The little critters (Hypothetically) just followed me home. (Hypothetically)The cook made the lobsters disappear - not sure where she went with our diving buddies :(. 30 minutes later it was dinner time including some of the local delicacies.

Not sure of the legalities of personal lobstering in the Bahamas or if it coincides with the US Florida lobster season so I would check it out if possible. We (Hypothetically) ate the evidence so nothing can be proven. The authorities would have a better chance of finding Jimmy Hoffa. All I will say is it was fresh, delicious & enough for everyone to get a portion (See the first picture in my photo gallery).

Enjoy :)

Greets y'all from SC. My wife and I are leaving for the big long E on Thursday. We're taking all but tanks and weights, getting air at Clear Water shop, just air as above. Bug season is over, too bad. But who knows what will show up in the scrabled eggs! We have several shore dives planned on sea kayaks, near N. Palmetto Pt, and will prob hook up w/ Valentines. We'll be there May 22 (late) thru June 1. Phone: 242-332-1540 Lat/Lon: 25.150578,-76.188506 If you're around, call! Garry & Renée. We'll get back to y'all on the trip reports!

We just got back... it's amazing that this thread started in 2004 and NOT MUCH has changed in Eleuthera. However, Ocean Fox has a South End charter now and we were AMAZED at how good the diving there is. Ocean Fox, divemaster is Daryl, did a GREAT JOB taking me, my friend and my wife out to some very close spots. The cost was $120 for a two tank dive and WORTH IT!!! We dove two days back-to-back and had a GREAT DIVE each time, I'll have some pix and video to share later. Stay tuned, look for the Ocean Fox - Eleuthera thread. -Garry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom