grand bahama trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
good morning all,

my wife and i are headed to grand bahama next week and are diving with sunn odyssey divers and i would like to know if anyone has been out with them and what they thought.
also what are there boats like? big, small? they advertise uncrowded boats but how big are they?
any other info about g.b. or sunn odyssey would be great, it's our first trip there.

Happy Easter!
sharky

Hi sharky60:
Welcome to scuba board. I moved your thread, because I think you will get more answers over here.
I have dove in Grand Bahama, but used a different OP so I can't answer your question.
Someone else should be able to answer it shortly.
Have fun and dive safe!

I am planning on going to grand bahama also. So lets talk about all the dive operators if that is ok.

:palmtree:
JonasDolkart:
I am planning on going to grand bahama also. So lets talk about all the dive operators if that is ok.

Jonas,
we just got back from our trip and had a great visit. the diving started off slow as the weather was windy and cool because of that east coast stuff blowing thru last week but it cleared up about mid week.
we dove with Sunn Odyssey divers and had a great experiance it is owned by Nick and Karen Rolle and their son and daughter and a dive leader named Davido work with them. my wife and i were the only diver with them last week so we had some great one on one diving with the crew.
the boat is good sized 20-25' i guess, kind of no frills diving, they had us set up our own gear and you should bring your own water and a snack if you want something to eat between dives. they have a water cooler on board but we brought our own bottled water anyway.
we usually dive Cozumel so the diving was as spectacular as we usually see but we did have some good dives. the reefs are large coral heads grouped together on an sandy bottom with lots of soft and hard corals and various sponges. fish life depends on what site your at, we did see a dolphin, sharks, remores (2 acutally swam under me like i was a shark, cool!!)
barracuda, stingrays and yellow rays and some very large angels of various kinds.
i'm going to post a full report for everyone and may have more info there,
have a great trip, God bless,
sharky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom