Grand Cayman to Little Cayman: Weekday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By the way, we did not make it.

The flight from Toronto was 5 minutes late getting in so only 55 minutes layover.
There was a huge line at Immigration and we were not allowed into the In Transit Line. Arrived at Cayman Airlines desk 25 minutes before flight and was told " sorry the gate was closed". It was interesting in that there was a Caymanian immediately in front of us in the line and they issued him a ticket and let him board.

We were then "wait Listed" for the next flight 2.5 hours later and that the flight was full. We were asked to check back with them 30 minutes before the scheduled flight time and were informed we were fortunate as they could just squeeze us on. When we boarded the plane, only 5 other passengers.

At the end of the day, Cayman Express is frustrating as they change flight times and cancel flights very frequently and the check in counter is incredibly disorganized and inconsistent at GCM.

I've learned my lesson and from now on will try to leave at least 1.5-2 hours between flights, even on a weekday, to avoid this sort of anxiety and frustration.

Never seems to change. Once we were at the Express counter when the CA flight to Little left. We had arrived on the Cayman Airways flight from MIA which was late.They put us up in a hotel and paid for cab and food. I would think that it would have been much less expensive to hold the Otter flight for a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom