Great diving at Laguna today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_doug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
If you can get out this weekend, the conditions are great (assuming they hold up for the next couple days). 63F water, 85F air, 1-2ft surf, light/moderate surge, 10-15ft vis near shore, 15-20ft vis further out (e.g. near seal rock, kelp patch in front of divers cove, etc) and tons of fish!

Here's a sunset pic I took:

sunset27.jpg

Sweet picture Doug!
Just as a warning, there is a new long period WNW swell coming in right now with 16 second intervals. I don't know if its blocked by Catalina or not but Laguna is usually pretty protected from the NW swell.
I heard that the stairway to Divers has been removed. Any one know about this?
Get Wet!

Hey All, I was out at Shaw's today. The surface as a lil choppy just under moderate surge from shore to around 100 yds out. Viz was around 20 feet a little less the closer you get to the reef. Water temp 63 degrees at40 feet. I saw "Shelly of Shaw's" and she is doing fine. I saw some hew life growing on it. Sorry cant remember the name. It's purple and looks like a Spanish dancer nudi kinda whatchamacallit... anyway not sure on the bacteria levels after all the rain, although my right eye itches (did a mask clearing exercise).

dive safe.

Not sure if the stairway is actually removed but it is under constrution so you can't access it...have to enter on the ramp a little south of the stairs (I guess its more like Heisler Park) and then do a longer walk/surface swim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom