great find

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riverdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Pulled this out of the water today. Did not think it was this large on the bottom. 11' cross arm and 10' tall, weight I will say 4000-4500 lbs. This is one of the best anchors I have ever pulled up.

Attachments

• DSCN8291.jpg
    DSCN8291.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 364
very cool

That is great..

My brother found a big anchor once in LA harbor. After working their beavertails off they finally got enough air bags on it to lift off the mud. The part they didn't notice was the chain and cable buried in the mud. The other end was still attached to a barge. They quickly dumped the air, got the lift bags back, and learned one of the first laws of salvage. Just because it is underwater does not mean it is abandoned.

Nice find.

Very nice. I found one here off of North Carolina about 10 years ago and as far as I know. I'm theonly one that knows the location. I took some links from the chain to the underwater archeology lab here at Fort Fisher and they didn't have any info on it. The anchor is a little smaller than that one and the stock on one side is turned down. It had about thirty feet of chain on it with the worf "Wood" cast into each link.

I could only wish of an easy way to recover it.

Pulled this out of the water today. Did not think it was this large on the bottom. 11' cross arm and 10' tall, weight I will say 4000-4500 lbs. This is one of the best anchors I have ever pulled up.

That would look really good on the coffee table.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom