Great Gold Core glove/suit trick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CALI68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My Drysuit is out for alterations and out of nowhere we get phenomial dive conditions here in the Monterey area. I made reservations for yetarday at Pt. Lobos (it was amazing by the way...70' vis) Anyway I was determinded to keep warm specifically my hands...here is what I did. I took the sleeves of my Henderson Semi Dry Gold Core and rolled them gold side up a couple inches or so then I put my Gold Core gloves on and cinched them up tight. I created a sorta skin to skin seal and I'll be damned if my hands weren't warm! I always have trouble with my hands but not this time. The water was 51 degrees and it worked. Try it.

Specifics: The gloves were 5mm and I was wearing a 7mm Henderson Gold Core (hood integrated) with a 4/3 O'Neil shorty over that. I weigh 200 pounds and I was perfectly weighted with 32 pounds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom