Great Weekend!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jashaw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Finally did my open water at Gilboa this past weekend. Got Nitrox, Computer, and Drysuit specialties along with it. It was a blast, i think i may be hooked on diving!

Welcome to the underwater world! LOL Be careful, 31 years ago I was turning a wrench on aircraft for a living, and look at me now!?!? Living and breathing scuba! ;o) Enjoy!

Congratulations!

And welcome to ScubaBoard!

Greetings jashaw and congratulations on your OW cert! It was a great weekend to dive though the weather was touch and go. I was at Gilbloa as well diving off dock #3.
Who were you training with? It was awesome to not only help with some training but get some side mount and back mount dives in. Visibility was a little rough at times and the ramp on dock #3 was very slippery as I found out!
The scuba world is open to you now and many adventures await you. Enjoy your journey and always dive safe and within your skill level and comfort level.
Always use sober judgement and learn to apply conservatism to your dive plans.
It is important to gain valuable experience safely while mastering your skills.
Message me sometime and we will go for a dive! Enjoy and be active in your local environment. Let me know if I can be of assistance.
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

I was training with the group from seaquatics off of dock #6. The camping was interesting since i rarely ever fell back asleep for over a half hour after 4:30 due to geese honking in the river or storms haha. Thanks for the advice, and hopefully i will be back at gilboa sometime this summer.

Greetings jashaw once again and the geese at Gilboa are rather loud if you are tenting out. The rain even woke me up which is pretty amazing. I sleep quite well usually if I can get into my car with the windows up of course.
The bunk house is a good option and if you can find three others it only costs you an extra $2. I started with that and eventually just crash in my vehicle. It sounds crazy but I actually sleep better in my own vehicle than any other option.
I did tent out at the Giuness Event last year and the first night was a little rough but the second I was sawing logs! I am one of the lucky guys who dives hard then crashes hard. When I lay down I fall asleep when I wake up I am wide awake. Six or seven am is usually rise and shine. I may stumble around a bit but we managed to get five dives on Sat. and two on Sun., sleeping even with the geese honking was not an issue.
Glad you enjoyed the week end and, I hope to meet you this summer!
CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom