Great White Shark, A Living Legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NeilJ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was wondering if anyone has seen this BBC documentary? It's about a diver who swims with the great whites without the protection of cages; to study them in there natural habitat. He has learned to communicate with them through body language, so he feels extremely comfortable with them. Even as I shark lover I know they are misunderstood, but it's still a little nerve racking watching this guy get so close. I would love to know what people who saw this thought.

I know you can watch it from the BBC web site if you live in the UK. I don't, so I had to download it, but could give step by step directions for people if they are really interested in watching it.

Is it about Andre Hartman or Mike Rutzen?

Please post those instructions, I tried to find the video, but, like you said, it's only available in UK?

I'd love to watch it...

Thanks,
Bill

Timothy Treadwell thought he could communicate with grizzly bears too.

There are many wild unpredictable creatures on this planet. Of which humans make up the largest part.

Hey Bill, it's about Mike Rutzen.
It's a little bit of a process to get, but it's worth it. I don't know to much about computers, so I had a to get my roommate, who is computer science graduate to help me.

Step 1: You need a Bit Torrent. This is used to download the program. The best one I was told is utorrent. There are tons more out there, and you might already have a different one. But if not, try this: Torrent - The Lightweight and Efficient BitTorrent Client

Download and install the program.

Step 2: to go Demonoid.com - Natural World - Great White Shark, A Living Legend (3rd January 2009) [TV Rip, Xvid+mp3]. Scroll down to where it says "download." If you have any problems with this, just let me know and I could e-mail you the torrent.

Step 3: Open the torrent in your bit torrent program. It will slowly start to download. I have a slow computer, so it took a day to download.

Step 4 Watch and enjoy!

I hope that works for you, let me know if you run into any problems.

Mike Rutzen definitely has a "Timothy Treadwell" feel to him. Although, Rutzen seems to hide his loose screws a little better. The real tragedy with Treadwell was getting his girlfriend involved.

Is this the guy that meditates with candles and incense before diving? Seemed to share the same delusion as Treadwell. Does he do it when the cameras are off?

No, this guy does it with the cameras on. I don't think he meditates before hand, well it doesn't say. But he does seem delusional.

Turn on the camera and there's no telling what feats of foolish bravery are brought forth. I remember hearing that the Fla researcher who got his calf bitten off by a bull shark thought that he'd be OK as long as he didn't 'act like prey'. It makes for rare footage for the rest of us to enjoy but I have to wonder if there's much more to it than showing off - would they be doing it if no one was there to watch.

Tow Surfing Adventures

On the video page, click on the "White Sharks" video to see a free diver catching a ride on a great white's dorsal fin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom