Great White Shark Cage Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PENNJ003

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I did the Great White Shark cage dive experience in Capetown SA this past April 09. It was a pretty cool experience. We had to use snorkel gear because the exhaust bubbles from a regulator tend to scare these 2 ton eating machines, funny! The biggest jaw dropping moment was when we visited Seal Island and saw a Great White fly out of the water and snatch a seal. Just like on those National Geographical shows. I have a video link of my dive on Youtube but I believe I need to have five posts to display it and this is post #1 :)

chop chop lets go with those five posts lol

Pop on over to the Underwater photo section, post some comment on the pics there - 4 more posts before you know it !!!

Underwater Photography - ScubaBoard

Look forward to the video....

I used the White Shark Ecoventures. Great group of people I highly recommend them. You can query on their name to find their contact information easily.

Thanks for the motivation everyone. I have made my other 4 posts. Yeah! Here is the link to the video. It's not the best video we have made because we relied on what the videographer on the boat did, but we did some editing ourselves to shorten it up and make it more interersting. As much as I really truly loved Africa, you don't want to travel on your own with a $6K underwater video camera over there :) Hopefully you find it somewhat entertaining. It's really one of those things that it's better if you were there :)

YouTube - Great White Shark Adventure in South Africa

Oh man wow thanks! Thats impressive. I would love the opportunity to do that some day.

I recognise that murky green water from somewhere ................

I don't normally look at video clips (slow connection), this was well worth it. Great work.

Very nice

Thanks all. Highly recommend a South Africa trip for every avid diver. If you are willing to "rough-it" it's not as expensive as one might think. Best Regards, -jp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom