Great White Sharks Seen Breaching Along SoCal Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did the cage diving in Mexico.. the sharks do breach for fun it seems, or to show off..
I was able to witness from 60 feet below.. quite incredible
So this wouldn't surprise me that this behavior is being seen more and more.
crazy to see so many more sightings in SoCal

I did the cage diving in Mexico.. the sharks do breach for fun it seems, or to show off..
I was able to witness from 60 feet below.. quite incredible
So this wouldn't surprise me that this behavior is being seen more and more.
crazy to see so many more sightings in SoCal

What dive charter company did you go with for your cage diving ?

Are there better stills of this anywhere I can see them? The image is a bit small for my aging eyes, but it does look like a shark rather than a dolphin to me. However, I would expect to see some water dripping off the critter or a break in the surface which I didn't see (but maybe you guys with 20/20 can).

My only encounters with GWS have been underwater (caged and uncaged) or while kayaking (a little unnerving).

I used Great white Adventures aboard the Solmar V and it was a fantastic trip.
You couldn't ask for a better experience or crew.
Great White Adventures not only has rear cages but a submersible cage that go down 60 feet below,quite amazing.

I think I'll stick with the 10-12 foot sandtigers i was out with yesterday.

I believe the shark is breaching behind a wave rolling in which is you don't see the surface splash. Kind of an optical illusion. Google "great whites breaching off south california" and one of the first few links has additional pics by the same photographer. Clearly a shark.

Back
Top Bottom