Greater Tampa Area VII started 9/6/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected:
All the spots I have been to, prior to being a diver, you could just jump right in.
Need a boat.
Take the boat to the King Spring, get rid of your gear and snorkel to the channel.

They cross from one feeding area to the other across the channel

The Port Marina is just a stone's throw from Kings Bay, and the manatees. A pontoon boat rental is $95 for 1/2 day in the am, $125 for 1/2 day in the pm, or $150 for all day. It's about a 15 minute ride from the marina to 3 Sisters Spring, so you can see 2 locations and look for manatees. If you start at 8:00am, you can hit both locations with plenty of time at each spot. I'd be in for this if you'all wanna meet there for a trip. The boats are 24' and will hold 12 snorkelers, and 8 divers wth equpment. I'm in Lecanto, just east of Crystal River. I'd be happy to make the reservations. I'll be out of town 11/12-11/16, but am open any other dates.

Tracy I'm hoping to get out to venice beach or the sugar barge on Tuesday morning. It's not the boat diving you're used to but its the best I can do :)

Speaking of manatees, I'm looking to move my boat north for a few months to Crystal river near the 3 sisters springs so I can do some spring diving and see some manatee's. Does anybody know any marina's up that way on the river?

cmufieldhockey8:
Orlando is where all the cool people are going to be.

What!!?? No Orlando report??.......For shame!!! :D :rofl3:

:popcorn:

Pete's Pier is in Kings Bay, probably the most central location for manatees. 352-795-3302.

N@rco$i$:
Speaking of manatees, I'm looking to move my boat north for a few months to Crystal river near the 3 sisters springs so I can do some spring diving and see some manatee's. Does anybody know any marina's up that way on the river?

Dragracer, You da Man!

I just called them up. they say there right around the corner from 3 sisters and plenty of manatee snorkeling, and they have affordable high & Dry. I'll be moving the boat up there for 2 or 3 months on December 1st.

I'll give you a shout if you want to dive the sisters once i'm up there.

N@rco$i$:
Dragracer, You da Man!

I just called them up. they say there right around the corner from 3 sisters and plenty of manatee snorkeling, and they have affordable high & Dry. I'll be moving the boat up there for 2 or 3 months on December 1st.

I'll give you a shout if you want to dive the sisters once i'm up there.

Don't you just love SB? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom