Greater Tampa Bay Area CHAT/OFF-TOPIC thread, take XVIII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MichelleA - heya chica, I am not going to be able to go crabbing :sad: I was bitten by a cat today and can't make a fist let alone take on a crab.:shakehead:

See you on Friday.

Ouch!

I went to Ben T. Davis Beach off of the causeway yesterday, after work, to look for some crabs. I saw some, but most were too small to keep. I only got 1 claw.

What a tease....

I only got 1 claw.

What a tease....

:doh: definite tease. I still have about 2lbs here at the house :D:sprint:

Hey they had lil ones at Publix for $12lb. No big ones - those are the ones I like to see w/ the huge price tag. For some reason it puts a smile on my face. :bounce2:

MissD would be proud and big time jealous! I went out to Span. rocks today for a quick 1 tank. Seeing TONS of crab. After watching MissDs que's and talents, I tackled it. First couple of crabs scared the $h1T out of me. Not knowing their attack response, I was spooked a couple of times. Then hunter mode! Pulling them little "buggers" out of their holes and SNAP, SNAP, SNAP. I got about a dozen claws within 20 minutes. Big ones too, One measured 4 1/4 inches. First time out hunting so I call it success! Hope to see everyone who is planning on coming down on Sat. Still trying to work out my work schedule.
One other note. I swam up to resting flounder. Not kidding when I say at least 18 inches wide and over 2 ft long. I didn't know what to do: stab it in the head with my little BC knife or try to grab it by the tail or ..?? Was early in the dive with 2K of air left. I'll get him next time.

Glad to hear the claws are around. I think I'll be grabbing some on Saturday. woohoo

Miss D, fierce hunter and gatherer, way-layed by a CAT??? :confused: :confused: :confused:
What is the REAL story? :wink: :wink:

Yup. Believe it or not. Ended up at the doc today - the bite got seriously infected overnight and my hand was super swollen. Left doc with vicodin and antibiotics :D

MissD would be proud and big time jealous! I went out to Span. rocks today for a quick 1 tank. Seeing TONS of crab. After watching MissDs que's and talents, I tackled it. First couple of crabs scared the $h1T out of me. Not knowing their attack response, I was spooked a couple of times. Then hunter mode! Pulling them little "buggers" out of their holes and SNAP, SNAP, SNAP. I got about a dozen claws within 20 minutes. Big ones too, One measured 4 1/4 inches. First time out hunting so I call it success! Hope to see everyone who is planning on coming down on Sat. Still trying to work out my work schedule.
One other note. I swam up to resting flounder. Not kidding when I say at least 18 inches wide and over 2 ft long. I didn't know what to do: stab it in the head with my little BC knife or try to grab it by the tail or ..?? Was early in the dive with 2K of air left. I'll get him next time.

Way to go Brad :yelclap: Was the missus happy with what you brought home?

OH yeah. The freshest you can get.

Going to bring my little camp stove with on Sat. (If I can make it) 6 min. boil, drain, crack, submerse in butter! :comeandgetsome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom