Greater Tampa dive thread V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My attempt at a dive report:

June 25

Lis sis and I were up at 6 and out by 6:30. Headed over one of two rather large bridges on the way to the Irish Wake. An early morning thundershower gave way to a beautiful view of a rainbow – really nice view from up high on the bridge.

Arrived at the Wake and proceeded to load her with our gear. Beautiful day coming out. Calm seas. Viz is looking good. Crew of the wake consisted of; Duncan, Frogman_5, TheCaptain, CoolTech, lil sis, and myself. Off we go. The Wake starts whining so we give her engine room a once over – bad belt. The captain of the Wake, Frogman_5, replaces the belt. We are an hour and a half late to start our trip. S’okay as everyone is friends and we are all comfortable with each other. Additionally, we all understand boats break, fact of life, oh well. We chill and chat for a bit while Frogman fixes the Wake.

So we set off again. About an hour and a half into the trip the engine starts playing up. I diagnose a faulty fuel pump. This checks out to be correct. Frogman_5 changes into his McGyver outfit and rigs us a hand fuel pump. I'm thinking what the heck - I am sure I have seen this on TV :D So, why turn back now? No reason. We continue on to our site, which wasn’t far.

First dive had nothing spectacular to see. M60, some of the usual fish. Found an anchor. Frogman cleaned up a rope line that was wrapped around the entire tank. 64 min., 84 degrees, 37ft.

Topside, we had lunch. I had brought some wings and TheCaptain/Dario had brought lots of different fruit, yummy.

Second dive was a massive barge. Filled with life. Loads of baitfish, pompano, and more of the usual. Headed towards the front of the barge, while going over the top. Seen about 150 Snook with an average weight of 50lbs. Truly an odd sighting. I hovered over them for many, many minutes before carrying on. Made it to the front of the boat and seen five Goliaths. One weighed about 600-700lbs. On the heading back spotted numerous stone crab and took several pics. Stopped by the snook again, of course :14: They were all still there. Spotted a stone fish/frogfish (?) as well – he wasn’t thrilled about being spotted – grumpy guy. This dive was longer than the first 76 minutes, viz 10ft., temp. 82.

The ride home was long but we all took turns with the pump and taking naps :D It was a good day. Except for TheCaptain/Dario trying to remove my feet from my body :14:

P.S. I lost my camera :(

Cool Report Miss

I have got to get in on one of thease dives with you guys.

St. Pete's Beach Reef

Barge is about 50 yards SE of Tank # 7.

Tank #2 27 40.73 82 51.83

Tank #3 27 40.72 82 51.83
Tank #8 27 40.72 82 51.82

Tank #9 27 40.71 82 51.84
Tank #4 27 40.71 82 51.83
Tank #7 27 40.71 82 51.82

Tank #5 27 40.69 82 51.81
Tank #6 27 40.69 82 51.82

Tank#10 27 40.61 82 51.80

Missdirected:
Seen about 150 Snook with an average weight of 50lbs.

P.S. I lost my camera :(

At the Betty Rose last week we saw a few snook with the biggest ong at least 6' long, also my wife lost our camera for about 2 min while we all looked around in a panic, she found it, lucky her...:D

Miss, sounds like you guys had a good time. I can't wait till I can join you.

GulfCostdiver:
At the Betty Rose last week we saw a few snook with the biggest ong at least 6' long, also my wife lost our camera for about 2 min while we all looked around in a panic, she found it, lucky her...:D

I was trying to tell my friend about the snook and he didn't believe me. Without the stupid camera I have no proof either. Unless I drag around the crew of the wake, lol.

Hey are you and the wife diving this week?? Lil sis and I are free. If you want to put something together.

Toni, I have been thinking of you. Three more weeks :D

:shakehead Yeah...My friends backed out. :bash:
OHHH well!!! I still can't wait. I will be there. Would not miss it for anything. 25 more days. :D

So..... I sure hope someone can use a buddy. :wink:

By the way got my order in today. :t-shirt: :smiliee: :angel2:

Yeaah, great dive, last sunday, a lot of fun with the captain and the crew of the Wake and of course with my buddies. Still apologying for MD's toe :(, but . . . i didn't meant to cut your toe for your nails :)

rvagrad77:
Cool Report Miss

I have got to get in on one of thease dives with you guys.

RV, If you think you could do a midweek spring dive at the end of the month let me know. Looking at Ginnie Springs around the 19th-20th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom