Greatest Fear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My greatest fear has been realized. I invited a friend to come on my next trip (short apron) he told someone and this person booked and the whole deal worse than the instabuddy beleive me. I guess we call this fear of remora's?

Boat propellers, I have an irrational fear of boat propellers. I do not like live boat drops, I want that thing turned off. I'm not afraid of being eaten by anything that swims, I'm at least providing nourishment. Hacked up by a boat prop...no thanks.
Ber :lilbunny:

Being told by doctors that I must give up diving for a medical condition...kill me now.

On one level: That I will continue to be snakebit in my diving attempts.

On another level: That I won't be as fortunate next time I encounter a down current. The last time was on a wall that started in 70' and went to Blue Water. It let me go at 150'.

honestly right now, my biggest fear is being new and getting insta buddied with a vet diver and just not being good enough. I try to know what I am doing and try to do everything right, but getting percieved as a bad diver because I am new. that is the hardest part about diving with someone who is a vet and I am new.

I had a question to that as well. how do you vets handle new people? i mean, I wouldn't want for the world to mess up anyones dive, and want to learn as much as I can especially if I get paired with a good veteran diver. I don't want to ask too many questions or forget a step or procedure. just me being new I guess.

Being at a remote dive site, having a rental tank and finding out it has a bad o-ring. That scares me.

OK, entanglement does too.

Funny thing is that almost all these fears stated are avoidable with enough forethought and planning. Well most except those dreaded updrafts, downdrafts and some medical emergencies.

plane going down somewhere between Houston/NO & our destination.........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom