Greatest technological advancement ever!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I can't add much to this conversation, except to echo the thought that Force Fin customers are very excited and big fans, if that means I need to be attacked, I would be willing to take it. You cannot help but want to see a company be successful when they produce a product you love, and on top of they that actively communicate with their clients. Now that's what I call taking the pulse of what the customers want.

Look, no product is for everyone, but I love my force fins. For our family diving style it's perfect (we have 3 pairs of FF Pro). Where appropriate I would always suggest the Force Fin line. I am no shill, and I have to ask myself, has nobody ever asked you what you think about X, or where should I buy Y. It is natural thing to get excited about something you like, and to want to share it with others. An example is an opportunity to answer many questions for folks asking about fins to take the strain off their bad knees, by other customers admissions, they really help for that. Why not share it.

I am glad to see this conversation veered back on course.

sibermike7,
I noticed after rereading my previous post, that I had replied to someone upset at Bob in a 2008 post, after I got over my embarrassment, I had to laugh at myself...

I know what you mean.
1 yep, they work for me
2 knees, ankles, back and more, FF, sure helps my achilles tendon
3 the company: a. I like that Bob, Blair, the fin testers Messier42, and Uncleavi all post on hear and answer many questions. I read on here more than I post and have learned a lot about each fin. And the customer support: fins exchanged, advice given, new fins sent to unsuspecting people etc.

Sibermike7 good to see you back on here, enjoy yours and Uncleavi's sense of humor and that both of you are Veterans if I remember correctly.
Sorry those guy take offense to you, I think they wouldn't if they reread your post and theirs; however on here things seem to work out ok in the end. I like the give and take as long as it doesn't get out of hand. I like Bob and Blair's seemingly infinite patience with people that have been just plain rude.
My FF's, I also purchased on Ebay, both pair. Someday I'll have to purchase from Force Fin though, cause I just know it's gonna be longer than I have patience, before the Military SD1's are on Ebay haha! I unashamedly drool over those fins. Think they would look, oh so cool in a slightly dark translucent red. Or, Blue and Gray for the Navy in me....Darn, better wipe the drool off my chin.

Boy, do I like my FF Pro's though, even in my super big XXXL's, have to wear rock boots in Seattle area. Think they invented rain and ROCKS up here.

Uncleavi:
taking a RV thru Idaho, Montana, S. Dakota, Iowa, Illinois, then later down to Arkansas, Tennessee, Texas. Wanting to dive along the way. Know u made this trip on your way to Florida, any good dive spots? If i remember u made this trip quickly and didn't have a chance to dive, but, I'm hoping u saw some good spots.

Everyone: Man, there's been some good reading on here the last couple o' days!!

sibermike7,
I noticed after rereading my previous post, that I had replied to someone upset at Bob in a 2008 post, after I got over my embarrassment, I had to laugh at myself...

I know what you mean:
1. yep, they work for me
2. knees, ankles, back and more, FF, sure helps my achilles tendon
3. the company: a. I like that Bob, Blair, the fin testers Messier42, and Uncleavi all post on hear and answer many questions. I read on here more than I post and have learned a lot about each fin. And the customer support: fins exchanged, advice given, new fins sent to unsuspecting people etc.

Sibermike7, good to see you back on here, enjoy yours and Uncleavi's sense of humor and that both of you are Veterans if I remember correctly.
Sorry those guy take offense to you, I think they wouldn't if they reread your post and theirs; however on here things seem to work out ok in the end. I like the give and take as long as it doesn't get out of hand. I like Bob and Blair's seemingly infinite patience with people that have been just plain rude.
My FF's, I also purchased on Ebay, both pair. Someday I'll have to purchase from Force Fin though, cause I just know it's gonna be longer than I have patience, before the Military SD1's are on Ebay haha! I unashamedly drool over those fins. Think they would look, oh so cool in a slightly dark translucent red. Or, Blue and Gray for the Navy in me....Darn, better wipe the drool off my chin.

Boy, do I like my FF Pro's though, even in my super big XXXL's, have to wear rock boots in Seattle area. Think they invented rain and ROCKS up here.

Uncleavi:
taking a RV thru Idaho, Montana, S. Dakota, Iowa, Illinois, then later down to Arkansas, Tennessee, Texas. Wanting to dive along the way. Know u made this trip on your way to Florida, any good dive spots? If i remember u made this trip quickly and didn't have a chance to dive, but, I'm hoping u saw some good spots.

Everyone:
Man, there's been some good reading on here the last couple o' days!!

sibermike7,
Man I wished you hadn't done that! :D Until you just wrote those words, I was blissfully ignorant! I looked at the date before I posted. Who would have thought that it was almost exactly a year ago. Without my glasses I didn't even notice the year! Once you wrote this I had to go back and look to see and YEP! you were right! :shakehead: :doh2: :bonk:

Sibermike7 good to see you back on here, enjoy yours and Uncleavi's sense of humor and that both of you are Veterans if I remember correctly.
Thank you very much! Yes, :mil-usmc:

Sorry those guy take offense to you, I think they wouldn't if they reread your post and theirs; however on here things seem to work out ok in the end.
Yeah, seems it worked out great. SB is (generally) a good place and let's face it, as a group, divers are a great group anyway! :wink:

I like the give and take as long as it doesn't get out of hand. I like Bob and Blair's seemingly infinite patience with people that have been just plain rude.
Bob does get passionate sometimes, but I can definitely empathize with him! I don't think I've ever seen Blair riled! :D I am really hoping to meet up with them if not this year at Dema, maybe soon at their "lab".

Think they would look, oh so cool in a slightly dark translucent red. Or, Blue and Gray for the Navy in me....
Now there's the rub, which color???? :D

I have a pair that I use ice-diving. I customized them with my own inserts made with (Please God, forgive me) black duct tape! I really like the extra size that the XXXLs provide though!

You made my day, thanks!!!

Sibermike7

I remember reading your post awhile back about using black duct tape as a make shift comfort instep. Been awhile since I had laughed that hard. That post will go down as a classic and should be resurrected.

Semper Fi,
Joel

Sibermike7

I remember reading your post awhile back about using black duct tape as a make shift comfort instep. Been awhile since I had laughed that hard. That post will go down as a classic and should be resurrected.

Semper Fi,
Joel

O.K. here's the scene. It is January, 30 below zero and you have an ice-dive coming up. You've been in a discussion with all the experts, but there is no consensus about which size of ForceFin you need for your drysuit with WIDE feet like I have. So you order the XXXLs from England. They arrive and, "Oh no!" These things are huge! Diving the next day and the choice is dive with rental "boards" attached to your feet (Ugh!) or modify the XXXLs. :wink:

Duct tape to the rescue, but not wanting to bring shame to the ForceFin name and have the Scuba Police arrest me, I searched the entire country and found a store that sells black duct tape! Woo-Hoo!

Next, I had some scraps left over from one of those roll-out camping mats that we had cut up to use as chair-back cushion material when we re-covered the chairs at church and that we had saved, "just in case..."

Progress came to a screeching halt when I realized that Bob's urethane, so awesome and indestructible, is also non-adhesive! I mean nothing sticks to this stuff!! Not to be defeated, I came up with a taping pattern the rang back to my days in the boxing ring and I made complete loops of duct tape to stick the tape to itself. Wa-lah! Homemade comfort inserts! :eyebrow:

**Author highly suggests just calling Bob or Blair and ordering a set from them if you have the time to wait for them to arrive! The DIY is only for emergency dive-sight assistance! :wink:

Attachments

• 2009_0123(002) sm.jpg
    2009_0123(002) sm.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 2009_0123(004) sm.jpg
    2009_0123(004) sm.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 2009_0124(053)sm.JPG
    2009_0124(053)sm.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 67
How'd they work?

Attachments

• 2009_0124(059)sm.JPG
    2009_0124(059)sm.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 2009_0124(106)sm.JPG
    2009_0124(106)sm.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 2009_0124(109)sm.JPG
    2009_0124(109)sm.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 2009_0124(138) sm.JPG
    2009_0124(138) sm.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 65
  • 2009_0124(140)sm.JPG
    2009_0124(140)sm.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 65
  • 2009_0124(141)sm.JPG
    2009_0124(141)sm.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 68
The last shot was as we were leaving and it was about 3:00 o'clock and the sun had already gone down! :) Seriously, I was not a bit cold when in the water, it was the blowing wind before and after. The shot of me laying down was not posed. I was so warm and tired! We had been on/in the ice for about 5-6 hours. It was an incredible amount of work to get the place prepared. I just plopped down, "Aahhhhhhh!" and my wife snapped the picture!

I had to borrow most of the gear because most of mine wasn't up to it (except fins and drysuit). Since then I have upgraded most of my stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom