greeting all looking for info on costa rica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nemonator

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hi new to this site any suggestions for scuba diving in costa rica and panama cheers dave

Went to Costa Rica in April...HIGHLY recommend diving in the Guanacaste area. Definitely dive Catalina Island!!! Mantas & sharks galore!!!!! I also dove near Jaco and the viz was horrible and not impressed with dive operators. Loved Scuba Caribe at the Riu!!! Truly was the best diving I have ever done!
Have fun!!!!

Welcome to the 'board!!!

Whenever I plan to travel, I check out their local forum for inside opinions and tips. Check out:

Central America - ScubaBoard

Enjoy :D

I just got back from Costa Rica on Thursday. We stayed in Guanacaste and I had booked everything through Bill Beard's. The diving was great!! Sharks and manta rays on the first dive at the site Catalina Is.

Randy

Went to Costa Rica in April...HIGHLY recommend diving in the Guanacaste area. Definitely dive Catalina Island!!! Mantas & sharks galore!!!!! I also dove near Jaco and the viz was horrible and not impressed with dive operators. Loved Scuba Caribe at the Riu!!! Truly was the best diving I have ever done!
Have fun!!!!

How is the beach there at the Riu? I am looking at going there and it sounds like you were happy with Scuba Caribe. Any other particular dives you're recommend leaving from the Riu? Any more info would be appreciated, we have divers of varying abilities in our group.

Yes, I loved Scuba Caribe! They are great! I highly recommend Catalina Island...also the Bat Islands for the BIG sharks...but, I did not do that dive. The other locations that I really liked they called, "Shark" (MD 83')..."Reef" (MD 75') and "Rainbow" (MD 83'). I did not do one bad dive there!!!! We were VERY lucky and had very little current and amazing viz. I have never seen such amazing things...Seahorses, Harlequin Shrimp, Mantas with 30 foot wingspans, eels galore, white tip sharks on every dive! I am so jealous! Wish I was back there NOW!!!
Definitely ask for Rodrigo to take pics for you. They are the best pics ever! And tell all the buys that Lisa says HELLOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I am going to Cozumel on Friday for some diving fun!!! Anxious to hear what you think! Happy travels!!!!!!!

I will be going to CR later this month. I will let you know if I find any memorable diving. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom