Greetings From Beautiful Cayman!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We arrived on Grand Cayman yesterday afternoon and it was overcast and there was intermittent rain. The trip through immigration and customs was the easiest I have ever experienced. When planes arrive and a long "Visitors" line forms they start moving visitors into the "Residents" and "Caymanians" lines to make things go faster - the same thing happened in Customs.

Today was beautiful, sunny/partly cloudy with no rain but windy and rough - although the west side looked calmer. We hope to do some snorkeling, shore diving, and maybe some boat dives before heading to Little Cayman next week. Right now we are relaxing!

I had heard that Hurricane Nate had moved the location of the Kittiwake wreck, but I was surprised to learn that Nate also took out the dock at the West Bay Marina and many of the dive and excursion boats are now leaving from the yacht clubs, mostly the CIYC I think - but we were at the George Town Yacht Club today for the excellent cracked conch and we saw a dive boat loading up.

The manager of our hotel told us that "Hurricane Nate was kind of a non-event" but it seems that it did make an impact - although the island looks like the same beautiful place and we don't notice any changes.

Enjoy!

We were leaving as you were arriving! Had a great 8 days on Little Cayman. The weather was great with only one windy day and no rain until Sat as we were leaving! Irma did take out a mooring buoy but they already had it replaced when we were there.

Have a great time!

We just arrived this afternoon and were not so lucky getting through immigration - 2.5 hours. Some days are just slower than others. We did get home in time to have drinks on the beach at sunset. Lots of beach erosion from the storm - looks like several feet - but still plenty of beach left. Then a visit to Sunshine Grill for dinner. Getting settled in tomorrow and hoping to dive by Tuesday or Wednesday. Enjoy your stay!

Nope. I'm not jealous at all. Not me, nope!

Seriously, have a great time Kathy and let us live vicariously through your updates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom