Greetings from Chicago!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luckiePenguin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all, just got my NAUI card yesterday, so wanted to wait to post until I was "official" official. I'm quite new to diving, and my next (albeit, first) trip is a long 8 months away . . . although it'll be in Cuba, so I'm very excited for that! Am hoping to sneak in a domestic trip around Christmas so that I don't get too rusty. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears!

I hope to be picking all your brains quite soon as I begin the search for my own gear. Glad to be a part of these boards!

Amy

Greetings from the NW Chicago burbs! My OW dives are at Haigh this weekend.

Greetings from Chicago! Another Chicago Diver.

Welcome to the board. I'm sure you'll find a zillion threads on equipment suggestions for new divers--In fact I think there's one going on now. With the layoff you have, I always recommend reviewing the basic skills mentally in the meantime. Good luck in Cuba--it may be a bit changed since we were there in '03. Too bad it was 2 years before I got certified.

I had a cousin who lived in Kankakee...I visited him once ...........
Dang it was cold !!!

Oh, for heaven's sake. It's not that cold! Midwesterners are hardy folk.

Welcome, and enjoy.

Don't try the black hole then, more like the 40s. And pretty dark last time I was there.

Back
Top Bottom