Greetings from Corn Country

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mclianne

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a 34 year old surgery RN. I was certified last spring, doing my cert dives over two days in a sandpit in Nebraska. My first dive trip was last summer to Roatan, Honduras. I loved it! I ended up doing 15 dives the week we were there. Not bad for someone who swore they would never Scuba dive!

This summer, in about 4 weeks, my husband, In-laws and I are going to Fiji for a week of scuba diving. I can hardly wait.

I have enjoyed reading all the information here on the board. What a great resource for us newbies!

Welcome to the boards!!

Fiji sounds great!!

Have a great time, Dive safe!!

I'm looking forward to reading you're trip report when you get back!! :wink:

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA.
Have fun here & Dive Safe...........................Arduous

I was originally from the mid-west too (Soy-bean country) & thought I would never get to dive either. Well, dreams come true! Welcome & enjoy.

welcome to the board Mclianne. Make sure you post a trip report after you come back from Fiji, I am sure others like myself who are considering Fiji would like some information on it.:)

Welcome to you from your neighbor to the east. Hope you have a wonderful time in fiji. Where are you staying? Up and coming certified travel agent would like to know :) for future reference of course. I plan on starting a travel agency specifically geared toward dive travel once I receive my Bachelor's Degree. Any and all info on the area would be appreciated.

Thank you

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have already been reading some of the posts here avidly. I tend to lurk more than post...

The trip was arranged for us by my In-laws. My husband and I are kind of along for the ride so to speak. We will be going to Dive Kadavu for a week, then 3 days in Suva and 3 days in Nadi is what i think they told us. we haven't been able to get any more specifics than those. Have no idea if we will be in two of the 2 people Bures or one of the 4 people Bures. Though my husband hopes we have separate ones for obvious reasons.

Will try to post a trip report when we get back, though I don't think it will be up on par with some of those i have already read here, very entertaining!

Anyone have suggestions on things to see in Nadi or Suva? (will also post this elsewhere)

Originally from the king of corn country...Iowa!

Welcome to the boards!

Cheers!

who now lives in Virginia Beach. Hope you continue to have fun diving and hope you enjoy this board.

Rich :mean:

Hi, and welcome. I have found this is a great place for info and humor.

Jessica

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom