Greetings from Minnesota!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He said he wanted to do it this spring. We got 8.5” of snow yesterday, so spring unfortunately has not yet arrived in Minnesota.
Fair point. I'll add a correction to my post.

Do any of the MN dive shops do OW in drysuits? There's a shop in the Chicago suburbs that does and that's what I'd recommend for someone who is thinking about diving locally.

If it's only going to be tropical diving, then you might as well do the whole class at your destination. Just complete the e-learning before you get there.

Greetings group. My name is Kevin. I'm fascinated by wreck diving and all that comes with it. I have not yet pulled the trigger and gotten my open water certification but plan to next spring. Surgery has rendered me unable to enter water until I heal and the window for diving in Minnesota is rapidly dwindling down unless I can get comfortable diving under ice. LOL...

I have a friend that has gotten his Nitrox cert. over the years of going to the resorts that offer diving. Not sure if he's gotten his tech. diver cert. or not. His deepest dive he has done is 200' in a mine. The pictures and stories he has told are amazing. He lives in Iowa near a quarry that I hope to dive in the years to come to practice and just get wet. He says it's 60' deep and crystal clear.

I assume there are lakes here in Minnesota to dive as well but I wouldn't have a dive buddy up here unless my buddy came up. Which is a good possibility. Plus they don't seem to be the clearest for visibility.

So the goal is we (my wife and I) are planning a trip to Hawaii in 2024. Looking like Oahu and Maui. First time going. So between now and then I need to get my open water cert. and maybe my rescue diver cert. and practice practice practice till I'm comfortable enough to dive a wreck. Then research the wrecks around each island and figure out which one I'm going to dive. Very excited about that prospect. I am contemplating maybe a wreck dive in 2023 in Lake Superior maybe? If it's affordable enough. I'm new to this so I don't know what this stuff costs. I don't see me diving every weekend but maybe 3 or 4 times a year.

So there is where I'm at so far and where I plan to go. I look forward to gleaning as much knowledge and wisdom from the members here to make my new hobby a successful one.
Do you know which quarry in Iowa. That is my home state.

Back
Top Bottom