Greetings from East Coat Malaysia!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dzul

Reaction score
east coast malaysia where the diving is endless &
Greetings to all!! I'm new to the board so help and assistance will be much appreciated. Not the brightest of bulbs around, so please bear with bland questions as much a s possible!!

I am planning to dive Sipadan, Mabul & Kapalai from East Coast of Malaysia. Do not need lavish accomodation & would prefer budget packages that are dependable & offer value for money. Anyone out there who can make life a bit easy for me? I'm certified to Advance (PADI).

welcome.

are based in east malaysia or on the east coast of peninsula malaysia ?

if it's the latter - decent ticket pricess can be had off KLIA on air asia to sabah.

checkout the Asia section and u can see lotsa input on diving in East Malaysia. some friends stayed on the oil platform (i think the dive op is seaventures) a bit offa sipadan, or was it mabul. 5 dive days incl air came to just over RM2200.

Thanks for the reply, Lanun. I'm still not sure how this board works, so bear with me.

Do vou have the contact address for the 'oil platform' place? I've heard about it & their charges seem reasonable enough. I'm based in the East Coast of Malaysia, in Pahang. How about you? We have an overnight trip planned this weekend to Tenggol Island, Terengganu.

Hi there!
Have a fantastic time on Tenggol! I used to work there as DM in 2000 (until I damaged my back in a car accident south of Kuantan). The diving there is fantastic. Im saving to go back there as soon as possible - prob 2004. If you get this message before you get there then please say a big HELLO to Reynolds, one of the DM working there and also to Mutalib, Dollah etc. Wow, I miss that place.

So, where exactly are you living in Pahang? I lived in Cherating for a while, when I wasnt on Tenggol and I know Kemaman and Kuantan quite well too. Cant wait to come back to Malaysia - Malaysia Boleh!!

Awak boleh internet guru Bahasa saya?!! Saya tidak pandai cakap Bahasa Malaysia, tetapi saya suka banyak!

Jumpa lagi,
Holly

PS. ahh... bila saya fikir negara Malaysia saya rindu makan nasi lemak juga!

(Cornwall, UK)

that was very good, holly.

Dzul - try seaventures.com.

i'm in Penang, by the way. no trips for me this weekend - baby-sitting :D

Hello from cambridge England, you're gonna have some FUN here!!!!:wink:

Holy - your impressive command of the Malay language & your intimate knowledge of the Malaysian food verifies the fact that you used to be in Malaysia! I]Saya boleh jadi guru Bahasa awak!![/I] I am in Kuantan so keep me informed of the (re)-visit here. Perhaps we can do some dives together when you're here. I just got back from Tenggol so will not see the guys you mentioned untill next trip - which is most probably next month.Tenggol dive sites are still a winner - viz is still excellent & I hope they keep the island undeveloped so that the dive sites stay as is. Jumpa lagi & jaga diri!

Lanun - I am exploring the opeartors in Sipadan, Mabul & Kapalai. Seaventurs is one of them - Thanks! I got the kids this weekend - my other half is in Redang doing what I would rather be doing!

Deb - Thanks. What's your situation? Malaysia? East /West Coast? Your handle sound fierce!!

Hi Dzul,
Bagus..., sekarang saya boleh cakap banyak! Bila saya di Malaysia saya ada boyfriend Malay dan dia tak boleh cakap English bagus. Bila mahu cakap dengan dia, saya dakap Bahasa! Ada satu bulan lessons(?) di Bahasa di Kuantan language school, bila saya duduk di Cerating.

Okay, now for the English! Glad to hear that Tenggol is the same fantastic place as ever. I too hope that they will keep it small scale and just how it is. You know what? Sounds silly but ive had 3 full on nightmares about the island, i dreamt that theyd turned it into a theme park and there were buildings built into the jungle. That place has really got a strong hold over me.

Hey, can you tell me when the dive season ends on the east coast, is it October? Im pretty sure its around then. Itd be great to meet up with you for some dives - prob. gonna be next year now though.

Bye for now, im v jealous that youve been back to Tenggol!
Holly

Hi Holly;

That dream of yours about 'them' turning Tenggol into a theme park is not impossible at all. I've seen screwier things happen to pristine spots before - all in the name of so-called "development" !:confused: Dive season in the East Coat is pretty much coming to an end about now. The skies are overcast most o fthe time & the sea's starting to get a bit choppy.:( I'd say that come October, it wont be worth organizing trips out anymore.Let me know when you're planning to visit & we can set some dives up. You can reach me at : hyperbaricperson@hotmail.com.

Kita boleh pergi menyelam di Tenggol dan kamu boleh buat berlatih bercakap Bahasa Malaysia! Practice makes perfect!

Bye for now!

Back
Top Bottom