Greetings from East Coat Malaysia!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Dzul,
Welcome! let's dive together one fo these days as Lanun suggested. He has gone diving for this weekend.

michael

Diving in Penang? Which part? I am based in KL. I am planning a trip during Deepavali weekend oct 24 to 26. No fixed location yet.

Michael

No idea at all. I just threw Penang in the pic. because I havent dived there before. I'd offer to organize a trip for the Deepavali weekend - but I dont know if it'll be good diving then.:confused: The monsoon is just round the corner. How many of you are interested & what level of cert. are you guys?

The best dive site in Penang is your bath tub! Or you can try the swimming pool in Mutiara Hotel. Penang is surrounded by muddy, cloudy and polluted water. I used to swim in it when I was young. I wouldn't do it now. My dad told me Penang ocean used to be clean and clear 40 years ago. But now........ The nearest dive site to Penang is Pulau Payar, off Langkawi.

I have chartered boats to Pulau Song Song (Coral Island). It's a remote island off Penang and it has no facility. You have to bring your own tanks and gears. I had great times diving and snorkeling there. Tons of fish life during the "big current" time of the month.

To Charter a boat, go to "End of the world" and ask around the fishing village for boat charter. The boat can carry 10 to 14 person. Even your non diving friends can go there for fishing or snorkeling.

Hello Dzul,
Welcome fellow Malaysian on board. I've dived quite a few places in the world, and Tioman is on of the best dive sites I have visited. Especially the Tiger reef........ and warm water diving... you got it made!

:)

Hey Holly,

PS. ahh... bila saya fikir negara Malaysia saya rindu makan nasi lemak juga!

(Cornwall, UK) [/B][/QUOTE]

Awak cakap Bahasa Malayu dan makan nasi lemak..... saya sangat lapar dan sangat homesick... Best Nasi lemak cost RM0.60 off roadside in a kampong. I'm really homesick now, and I'm actually slavering now thinking of the nasi lemak, nasi lemak, I want some nasi lemak, please send me nasi lemak....... very painful craving....

Glad to hear you enjoy your visit to Malaysia. I enjoyed visit UK too. The cheapest place to rent a M Benz in the world is in London! 5 English pound for an A class for a day with 75 free miles! I had a blast driving it all over south eastern England. And the best food in England is Indian food.

Dive safe and have a great life.

:)

Well....since you put it that way....I'll just live in my blissful ignorance of what it's like to dive in Penang waters! I might check it out on a non-dive trip first to be sure that I wont be diving in mucky waters. Thanks for the tip.:wink: I'll keep Pulau Song Song in mind, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom