Greetings from Hong Kong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Theodoreed1214

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone! I got my OW, AOW and Nitrox all in 2017. I absolutely loved every moment spent underwater.

I'm from Hong Kong. Though the underwater visibility isn't great here for diving, my city is a short flight away from a lot of beautiful dive spots in Southeast Asia. So far I have done some dives in Nha Trang Vietnam, Phuket (Phi Phi islands area) Thailand, and Khao Lak (Similan Islands liveaboard) Thailand. Planning my next getaway trip to Cebu in late Feb [6 days 5 nights], thinking of traveling south to Moalboal for some diving but have nothing solid planned.

Look forward to recommendations of dive spots or dive buddy if you are interested in joining me in Moalboal the last week of Feb.

Happy Diving!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida...that's some dive log you have acquired...do you have any photos to share?

howdy and welcome from southeast florida...that's some dive log you have acquired...do you have any photos to share?

I'd be interested in some photos or notes on Vietnam, I've travelled there a couple of times but never dived there.

你好!歡迎! It’s an addictive and expensive hobby and you are in the perfect location within striking distance of the world’s best diving as you mentioned.

Indonesia is a must!

@Theodoreed1214 , is there an active diving community in HK? How are the organized group trips to Southeast Asia? I’m interested in joining trips originating from HK, so I don’t have to do my own planning. Any shops or organizations that offer such trips that are fun?

@Theodoreed1214 , is there an active diving community in HK? How are the organized group trips to Southeast Asia? I’m interested in joining trips originating from HK, so I don’t have to do my own planning. Any shops or organizations that offer such trips that are fun?

I’m happy to enable you aka help plan, especially if I don’t have to pay! :wink:

Welcome to board
The Lieu Brothers Bunny Kitty and Billy were the undisputed pioneers of Hong Kong diving . They manufactured a very rugged world class 2 hose regulator and had a very successful dive shop in the New Territories.

Are any of the brothers still alive ?
Is Bunns dive shop still in operation ?

Cheers from California

Sam Miller ,III

I'd be interested in some photos or notes on Vietnam, I've travelled there a couple of times but never dived there.

Hi KelGale, I did my SSI OW with Nha Trang Sea Star ( before I switched over to PADI AOW).

Binh the owner is a professional instructor with a good sense of humor. It was a positive surprise that we found out he's also the owner of a beach side bar and he can introduce you to places in Nha Trang. The best part was he even took free photos for me and my dive buddy throughout the course!

Their website doesn't do the dive shop justice but they do offer SSI specialty courses. (They're tiny but managed to become #2 on trip advisor in Nha Trang!) Send them an email to find out more.

www.nhatrangseastar.com

Last edited:
Welcome to board
The Lieu Brothers Bunny Kitty and Billy were the undisputed pioneers of Hong Kong diving . They manufactured a very rugged world class 2 hose regulator and had a very successful dive shop in the New Territories.

Are any of the brothers still alive ?
Is Bunns dive shop still in operation ?

Cheers from California

Sam Miller ,III
Yes. I think you're talking about this dive shop:
賓氏潛水學院有限公司

Founded in 1958. Wow, they must have been so good to get their names over the other side of the globe!

Back
Top Bottom