Greetings from Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taliesin58

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,
I am pretty new to Scuba, and I have found SB to be a valuable resource. While I have been posting here for a few months, it was almost purely asking advice on equipment and dive sites, so I figured I would go ahead and introduce myself now.
I recently got my OW, but 12 years ago, I had my JOW and logged just over 100 dives near San Diego.
For the first time since then, I finally have money to get back to one of the things I love most. So far, I have done some diving in Thailand and around my island in Japan.
I have lived here for 2 years and will probley be here another year and a half. My personal scuba goal is to dive the Mutsu (a WWII battleship) that is about 3 km off shore. However, to properly do this, I need a lot of Tech diving and cave diving training.
Anyway, don't have much more to say...
Thanks to everyone for the help I have received so far.

Welcome back to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

smilies-41093.png

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Threads & Replies without reading the Stickies at the tops of most forums. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Hey there welcome. Yeah i also found this place to be an amazing resource!! Might explain why im pretty much addicted now! Have fun and post often!!

Jay

Welcome to Scubaboard, it is a great place to spend surface time.

Alison

alijtaylor:
Welcome to Scubaboard, it is a great place to spend surface time.

Alison

OMG, you mean some of you actually spend time at the surface? Why?

Welcome back Taliesin58. Tell me, is it true that the ratio of female:male divers in Japan is 4:1. My bags are already packed.

Seriously, I had a dive buddy who lived in Tokyo until she moved to London a year or so ago. She always went to other countries to dive (but wasn't a WWW... she dove here in SoCal during the winter).

taliesin58:
Hello,
I am pretty new to Scuba, and I have found SB to be a valuable resource. While I have been posting here for a few months, it was almost purely asking advice on equipment and dive sites, so I figured I would go ahead and introduce myself now.
I recently got my OW, but 12 years ago, I had my JOW and logged just over 100 dives near San Diego.
For the first time since then, I finally have money to get back to one of the things I love most. So far, I have done some diving in Thailand and around my island in Japan.

Welcome!

I love modest divers. You've got significant experience already, I think!

You're probably an excellent dive buddy.

Dave C

Welcome! Wow...Japan. That sounds cool. I'd love to take a vacation and do some diving there. Unfortunately the only Japanese I know is "Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto" :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom