Greetings from Malaysia..!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyWhale

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi fellow divers

Been quietly enjoying the board for a couple of days now, so decided to join in the fun.

I've been diving for more than a decade now and the only thing I've not experienced is Dry Suit and Ice Diving..! Let's just say I've not come across any good reasons to do that.

Cheers

Salty

Hello and Welcome, from New England - USA!

If you lived here, you'd have tried dry by now!

Happy Diving,
Scuba-sass :)

Saltywhale,
Welcome to the board,from NJ!
You're at the right place to meet with divers of all types-cold water,warm water,all water.
good luck and enjoy the Board,
Miked

Hi from Herts, England

I had a very enjoyable holiday in KL and then Penang back in 98. Would love to come back sometime and sample the underwater scenery, of course in a better local than Penang.

Neil

Hi Salty from Seattle. I hope you enjoy the board as much as I do. Where abouts in Malaysia?

You lucky diver!!!!

:cool:

Hi Folks

Thanks for the Warm Welcome. Feeling very at home already.

Malaysia is located in the South East Asia Region (in between Thailand and Singapore). Part of the Borneo Island is Malaysia too.

Malaysia is a tropical country surrounded by the sea and offers a great deal of dives. Heard of Sipadan & Layang-Layang Island...? Well both are located in Malaysia.

Water is warm between the temp of 78oF and 84oF (26oC and 30oC). 3mm thick wetsuit will do just fine (sorry to rub it in) in these waters.

Cheers

Welcome from Southern California, Salty! I was an exchange student in Malaysia when I was in high school and have very fond memories of the people...and the foooood! Believe it or not, one can find frozen durian here if one knows where to look...it's not the same, of course, but it still smells in the freezer!!!!

Hi Kelpmermaid

Where about in Malaysia did you do the exchange program?

Well i am one of the minority who does not consume durians (not very Malaysian am I?).

How about the rest of you folks out there.....tried durian? Durian and diving surely does not mix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom