Greetings from the desert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

din7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just found SB while I was dorking around online, like you do. I'm pretty green, just got my open water C-card in october, and right now I'm scrambling for pennies to purchase my own equipment and hopefully some trips.

Hi din7,

You don't only have to dive on trips... there actually is some fun diving here in Utah!

Just for practice and to get wet there is always the Crater in Midway - great for practicing with new gear or new skills, but aside from that the local dive shops often to to Deer Creek, Blue Lake (heading there this weekend), and further a foot... Lake Powell, Flaming Gorge and more. Yea, trips down to Southern Cal, Mexico, Florida, Bahamas, and beyond are the best... but don't overlook just having fun and getting some great experience here in your own backyard.

If you ever have questions or need a buddy, just holler.

Welcome and enjoy. One of my first dives as a certified diver was in Utah at Homestead Cavern. A good place to work on skills and stay warm. It was -4 outside and inside the cavern I was in my bathing suit to dive. The water was so warm in the 90s. Have fun.

Welcome aboard.

Although I wouldn't rate Utah's diving as world class, there are some place to get wet.

Have fun. Dive safe.

Art

thanks for the welcome, guys. I know that there's a surprising amount of diving around the state, and I'm looking forward to it, but when I was younger I was able to go snorkeling in HI and cozumel, and I miss it. a lot. maui is my favorite place on earth that isn't UT. I did my OW out at seabase, and it was amazing. right now a lack of scratch is the only thing holding me back from diving more, but I'm going to be doing my diver stress and rescue this summer (knock on wood), and when things pick up at work I'll be able to piece my rig together a bit more. or, you know, at all. :D

Hi din7,

Welcome to SB and congratulations on the certification. Trips are always great when the weather sucks around here but don't forget you also have Blue Lake, Belmont and even Sand Hollow a little further south, besides those already mentioned.
Like Art mentioned it's not world class but it is in class by itself.

Be safe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom