Greetings from TSA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Birthisel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Terra Sub Aqua, that is. We predate the frequent flyer's friend by about 7 years. TSA is a for profit business model that INCREASES biodiversty as a byproduct of our aquaculture operations in the sanctuary near Key Largo, offshore of Islamorada.
Of course the readers here will recognize TSA for what it is, a way to fund a monster diving habit going on 40 years now. I use dive gear that's so old no one will work on it, so I like to connect with some of the techies in this group that understand what quality, aka chromed brass, Buna N, and stainless, are all about. When I learned to dive, the only BC was a navy surplus Mae West, we learned to buddy breathe four to one reg, and had to master 'bare bottle' breathing (don't need no stinkin reg, just grit your teeth, keep your lips spread to allow blow-by, and crack the valve EVER so slightly). My open water was a solo beach dive to the wreck 3/4miles off Vero Beach where I learned to navigate by the direction of the ripples in the sand botom, couldn't see the shore line anymore that far out.
Check out my web site by Googling my company name and drop me a line to explain yourself if you want to enjoy some inexpensive Keys bottom time where we inspire college kids to enter the field of marine biology (no, it isn't about money) by teaching them how to farm the Atlantic Ocean.
Best regards to bubblers everywhere!

Tim Birthisel ~ TerraSubAqua
~~~ Coral and Live Rock Aquaculture ~~~
Commerce~Education~Research~Biodiversity

Last edited:
A belated thanks for your kind welcome, will try to get here more often this winter.
Looking forward to my Keys trip to work on the farm (4 mi offshore) this Jan.
Tim/TSA
Welcome to :sblogo: TSA. Glad to see you are more dive friendly than your newer namesakes! :D Lots of great people and more opinions then you will ever want to know. It's a great site.
Take care,
George

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom